Has anyone been "kicked out" of their dining table?

While I think it is very valid to ask to be moved if you are at a table with people with horrible social skills, I can't imagine asking to have others removed. If you have a problem, then you should be the one moving, not the others at the table. People suck.

Unfortunately, "horrible social skills" are the reason behind a rude request to have other passengers "moved."

I therefore agree with everyone who has opined that RC's staff dropped the ball. There are several very obvious, smooth, non-confrontational ways to have handled this situation, and the personnel in the dining room chose the ROTTEN way.

Carol

THREE DAYS FROM RIGHT NOW I'LL BE AT OUR "SMUGGLERS' SOCIAL" AT THE OASIS BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, "horrible social skills" are the reason behind a rude request to have other passengers "moved."

I therefore agree with everyone who has opined that RC's staff dropped the ball. There are several very obvious, smooth, non-confrontational ways to have handled this situation, and the personnel in the dining room chose the ROTTEN way.

Carol

THREE DAYS FROM RIGHT NOW I'LL BE AT OUR "SMUGGLERS' SOCIAL" AT THE OASIS BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to New England. Enjoy the Enchantment, she sure is beautiful!!!

On our first cruise onboard the SOS we arrived at our table for six and awaited our mates. Imagine our surprise when no one showed up. Our fantastic waiter and assistant went out to their way to make it a special meal nonetheless. Second day and still no table mates. The headwaiter suggested moving us to another table that had two other couples. As this was our maiden voyage, we went along with his suggestion, however, we missed our waiters. The next night, we requested our original table (probably inadvertantly insulting our new tablemates). Our waiters were delighted to have us back and we enjoyed our private meal. On the final night, another couple showed up at desert to give the waiter tips, and said, "Sorry we've been staying in our room and using room service." All in all, I preferred our special private dinner treatment. On our other cruises, however, we have enjoyed our table mates and had a great time.

We’ve had it happen, only in reverse.

Back when they still had a Crown and Anchor silver level after one cruise and gold after two we were seated at a table with three other couples. We were the last to sit down and as we did the other couples were discussing their C&A levels, one was silver, one was gold and the third was platinum. After introductions the platinum gentleman began bragging about their seven cruises, in effect lording it over the others. I tried to not get into the conversation but Mr. Platinum wouldn’t have it and he asked me how many we had. When he found out it was more than twice what he had he became quiet, we never saw them again after that night.

Archived