RCI Enchantment of the Seas vs. Disney Dream with Kids

HMT213

We booked Enchantment of the Seas for a 3-night Bahama cruise in March. There is a Disney Dream cruise with the same itinerary (basically) that leaves the same day, same port, etc. but it's $500 more... we have 3 kids who will be 7, 5, and almost 2.

Is there a "big" difference between RCI and Disney?? We have sailed with RCI before and were impressed but haven't had any experience with Disney. Is it "worth" the extra $500 for a 3-day cruise?? Does the Disney cruise offer something that RCI doesn't?

Just an FYI- we are heading to Disney for 2 days after we get off the ship regardless...

Thanks!

Heather

The Dream is 14 years newer and almost twice as large. With 3 kids there would be much more to do on the Dream, for a difference of $500.00 it would be well worth it. Go to youtube and check out the Dream and the Enchantment, we are huge RCL fans but I would still vote for Disney..

We booked Enchantment of the Seas for a 3-night Bahama cruise in March. There is a Disney Dream cruise with the same itinerary (basically) that leaves the same day, same port, etc. but it's $500 more... we have 3 kids who will be 7, 5, and almost 2.

Is there a "big" difference between RCI and Disney?? We have sailed with RCI before and were impressed but haven't had any experience with Disney. Is it "worth" the extra $500 for a 3-day cruise?? Does the Disney cruise offer something that RCI doesn't?

Just an FYI- we are heading to Disney for 2 days after we get off the ship regardless...

Thanks!

Heather

HAVE been on both, most recently on the Dream last Nov...IMO, NO COMPARISON- the Dream wins hands down!! Comparing the 2 is like comparing a Motel 6 to a Hyatt or Marriott...the Dream is MADE for families & kids: slides, kid's pools, Disney characters all over the ship meeting the kids..not to mention the SHOWS! Best shows I've ever seen, and I'm 61 with NO kids..buffet best I've ever had in 29 cruises ( 12 on RCI)..Does the Disney cruise offer something RCI doesn't?? How about Crush The Turtle talking to your children LIVE in the Animator's Palate restaurant?? How about Castaway Cay, the BEST private island in the cruise industry! Pirate ships with water guns, trampolines on the water, a paradise by itself....MOST IMPRESSIVE ship, staff, shows, food & crew...the Enchantment was nice, although pretty boring for adults I thought..I can't imagine what kids would find to do on there...The Disney Dream is Disney at it's best - the Sail Away party on the pool deck is AMAZING with all the disney characters singing and dancing to the music...the Pirate show with Fireworks and Jack Sparrow is not to be missed ( he also wanders around the beach in Castaway Cay letting people take photos)...NONE of these things I have mentioned you will get on the Enchantment..NONE..If $$ is a concern, do the EOS..if your kid's vacation is a concern, do the Dream- you will NOT be disappointed!!

Big Al

P.S.- If your kids drink soda, don't forget, soda is FREE on Disney...

I've only toured a RCI ship, but I have sailed on the Disney Dream. For $500 more I'd take the Dream in a heartbeat. Disney's cabins are the largest afloat and are wonderful for families. They can easily handle a family of 5 and have plenty of storage. The split bath can't be beat to help a family get ready in the morning.

Disney's private island is very, very nice. Being able to dock and just walk off the ship there will be so much easier for your family.

Before our most recent DCL sailing we spent about 10 days at WDW. Two very different experiences and wouldn't be 'overload' at all. Actually, if your little ones like the character 'meet and greets', doing that on the ship would make your time in the parks go much easier.

I don't remember the term for their phones, but each cabin has two mobile ones that can be used all over the ship at no extra charge.

Edited by Mary Ellen

I've only toured a RCI ship, but I have sailed on the Disney Dream. For $500 more I'd take the Dream in a heartbeat. Disney's cabins are the largest afloat and are wonderful for families. They can easily handle a family of 5 and have plenty of storage. The split bath can't be beat to help a family get ready in the morning.

Disney's private island is very, very nice. Being able to dock and just walk off the ship there will be so much easier for your family.

Before our most recent DCL sailing we spent about 10 days at WDW. Two very different experiences and wouldn't be 'overload' at all. Actually, if your little ones like the character 'meet and greets', doing that on the ship would make your time in the parks go much easier.

I don't remember the term for their phones, but each cabin has two mobile ones that can be used all over the ship at no extra charge.

Good points that I forgot to mention- The 2 bathrooms are wonderful ESPECIALLY for families with kids...also, you get a mobile phone for free to keep in contact with anyone on the ship...and yes, the Disney cabins are terrific..about 50% bigger than the EOS for standard balconies....Have a magical day....

Big Al