Any opinions please(never thought I'd start a thread with this)

beacha

So I just checked my cruise for pricing, and there is a Vista suite on the Verendah deck that has dropped to $2650 for 2 of us on the Pride. This is $700 more than we paid for a regular balcony on Verandah. Never had one of these before . Is it worth it to switch? Argahhh.

....continuing to angst over this suite dropping. We are hosting our daughters and their husbands in insides on the Verandah deck. Another couple they know has booked on that deck, and my daughter's in laws (cruise newbies) have booked a balcony right next to us, so I was thinking it would be more private for us too. Selfish, I know.

....continuing to angst over this suite dropping. We are hosting our daughters and their husbands in insides on the Verandah deck. Another couple they know has booked on that deck, and my daughter's in laws (cruise newbies) have booked a balcony right next to us, so I was thinking it would be more private for us too. Selfish, I know.

Bolding is mine. Selfish? Hardly. Generous is more like it. And there is nothing wrong with wanting some privacy. If the suite appeals to you, go for it.

Well.....I just did the same thing you are considering.....we had booked a suite on the Pride. I noticed yesterday that a vista suite on Empress deck had opened up. I called my TA and she scored it for us for only 260 more. I thought it would be 400 but she found us a better rate.

We are excited, it is just my sister and I but to have that huge wrap balcony is something we have never experienced and we are so excited about it!

Oh that is wonderful for you,I cannot decide whether to spend the extra money or not. My upgrade is considerably more, but you had a suite booked already, so I'm sure that wS more expensive to begin with. I've heard that the aft wraps are amazing!

So I just checked my cruise for pricing, and there is a Vista suite on the Verendah deck that has dropped to $2650 for 2 of us on the Pride. This is $700 more than we paid for a regular balcony on Verandah. Never had one of these before . Is it worth it to switch? Argahhh.

Go for it! The wraparound balcony is worth it. You won't be sorry. I've stayed in one of the Pride VistA suites and LOVED it! If you can afford it, its a no brainer IMO. There are 2 separate rooms too. A living room and a bedroom with a bathroom with whirlpool tub and a sit-down vanity area in between. There's also a walk-in closet. It's a nice cabin.

Edited by winddawn

If you can afford it, I can see the reason to book it under these circumstances. I have thought about that, too. If we were to take our kids and grandkids and they had cheap inside rooms we could have the one big suite and balcony for meeting and hanging out together. Also to have that bathtub available if there are little ones who'd be easier to bathe that way would be good. Just think about what would be most convenient for all of you and whether that seems worth the extra fee.

Do it! As long as it doesn't stretch your budget too much. You'll love the room and views. Plenty of space to host and hang out with your family! Most peoples regrets are not what they did, rather, what they didn't do!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my Commodore 64

Well.....I just did the same thing you are considering.....we had booked a suite on the Pride. I noticed yesterday that a vista suite on Empress deck had opened up. I called my TA and she scored it for us for only 260 more. I thought it would be 400 but she found us a better rate.

We are excited, it is just my sister and I but to have that huge wrap balcony is something we have never experienced and we are so excited about it!

That was a deal! Even $400 wasn't bad. I would pass on an extra $700 though.

Do it! As long as it doesn't stretch your budget too much. You'll love the room and views. Plenty of space to host and hang out with your family! Most peoples regrets are not what they did, rather, what they didn't do!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my Commodore 64

Oh my, this is what I continue to believe. I have yet to regret anything that I have done to make life better for others. For myself, it is really difficult to feel ok about.

We stayed in Vista Suite 7298 on the Miracle last Thanksgiving and have the same cabin again this year. We absolutely loved it!

Only you can decide if the extra $$$ are worth it.

This is a video of the cabin.

If you can afford the extra dollars... go for it! I know a suite would be a treat!!! And an aft-wrap is an indulgence I would love at least once!!!

No matter which you decide, have a wonderful cruise and be sure to tell us all about it!!!

The only thing that I would add is that the actual space inside the cabin is pretty tight for a group of people. You will definitely get the benefit of a large balcony to gather on, but because the cabin is split (wonderful for a couple or small group), the floor space wouldn't hold 10 comfortably at all.

go for it, you wouldn't be asking if you didn't really want to do it. If $700 was too much you just would say no and move along. Its $100 a day, I've paid that to upgrade from a balcony to a Grand Suite and never looked back. Keying in the first day I knew I made the right call, I imagine you'd feel the same.

Thanks to everyone here who took the time to leave an opinion. When I called back, the actual cost to upgrade to the Vista suite was $870. The first estimate did not include the gratuities. So I decided that it was a bit more than we wanted to spend. As always, CC members offer a lot of thoughts and I sure appreciate each opinion.