Just booked the EPIC

sunlite2u

For our first sailing with NCL in January.. Have been on two previous cruises, Princess and Celebrity. Looking forward to this one! Ship looks amazing!

Will be travelling with a 4 year old and have booked the balcony guarantee room.

Any advise/tips on this cruise with a child in tow (kids programs/shows, things that are unique, would be much appreciated! :)

For our first sailing with NCL in January.. Have been on two previous cruises, Princess and Celebrity. Looking forward to this one! Ship looks amazing!

Will be travelling with a 4 year old and have booked the balcony guarantee room.

Any advise/tips on this cruise with a child in tow (kids programs/shows, things that are unique, would be much appreciated! :)

Same for us, having never sailed NCL before. That stated pricing in Nov was just to good to pass on.

Just got back from Barcelona cruise on EPIC. The ship is big and I think we had a full ship. Our 4yr old daughter loved Splash (kids program) and our room was on the 14th flr and made it easy for us. Recommend the Garden Cafe for buffet and Taste on 5th flr for casual sit down dinner. Splash counselors are awesome!!! FYI: the pool area was really crowd!!!

Enjoy the ship!

Can't say anything about the kids programs as my kids are grown:) At any rate the pool area for small children looks magnificent. So sorry I am not great at posting pictures.

Do a search for SDMike and check out the links in his signature. Lots of pictures and great information about the Epic and other ships. (Also pictures of the Epic).

I would say Blue Man Group would fall under the heading of "unique". Best chili dog I've ever had was at O'Sheahans,

What date are you going? DH and I will be doing out 2nd Epic cruise Jan 25. Can't wait.

We sailed Epic this past January and my twin 8 year olds had the time of their lives. This was their 5th cruise and definitely their favorite. Splash academy was awesome, as was the kiddy pool area. Not sure if your little one will be tall enough for the slides, but I hope so! They had a white hot party for families and the kids all won prizes for dancing. Seeing Sponge Bob of course is an added bonus and Dora's dance Party is a lot of fun. Be sure to take him/her to the bridge viewing area on the 13th deck.

You really picked out a wonderful cruise! :D

I've been on the Epic twice, once in 2012 and again in 2013 and it was two drastically different experiences. 2011 I was in an inside stateroom and had a great time. Ship was brand new, staff was great. My second time on the Epic in 2013 I stayed in the Haven and it was absolutely terrible. Rooms were beat up and staff seemed overwhelmed with the amount of complaints and how to handle them. Keep in mind that this was in their premium staterooms nonetheless. Not to dissuade you from cruising the Epic as I'm sure you can have a good time, but do consider one of their newer ships (Breakaway). Paying a few dollars more for their newest ship has always worked well in the past for me (ie. Epic in 2012).

We sailed the Epic last year with my family and are sailing with first-time cruiser friends a few weeks after you again next January. We love the Epic and wanted to sail once more before the ship heads to Europe full time in April 2015!

When we sailed with my family, my then 8-month-old nephew was with us. He enjoyed the splash area, but since he was so young, could obviously not participate in the kids' program. That's about all I know kid-related. Sorry. :o

As for the ship itself, we had plenty of room on our balcony for the two of us. My parents, sister and BIL (and nephew) had B6 large balconies and had even more space! They were the angled balcony. Anyway, we felt all the balconies were spacious. I think you will like the balcony.

Dinner in the MDR was good and we enjoyed O'Sheehans a lot! My dad and my husband both enjoy the chocolate raspberry truffle cake in the MDR. They are updating menus fleetwide, but we're hopeful that remains when we sail in January!

We enjoyed relaxing on our balcony when sailing, so only saw the Blue Man Group. Something to see since it's included in your cruise fare, but it was a bit too out-of-the ordinary for us (except for my BIL, who LOVED it!), so we're hoping to experience Howl at the Moon (I've been to the one in Chicago) and Cirque du Soleil next time.

That's all I can think of for now. Happy planning and cruising!