5 person cabin question

smiles32617

Hello all... I was looking to book the Sunshine with my family. We are a family of 5 and this will be my step kids first time cruising. We know it will be a tight fit, we are okay with that. The question I have is, we have been looking into booking this one cruise and are finally almost ready to book it. We have been stalking the cruise so you can say :) Yesterday it had 6-10 rooms left that hold 5 people in different parts of the ship. However today, I can't see ANYTHING left for 5 people. And when I act like I want to book with 4 the rooms I had in mind are still available.

I have a call into my PVP, but thought I would ask here. Is there a certain number of 5 person cabins and once that number is booked the 5 person cabins become 4? Like only so many roll away beds? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance! We do have a different one we are looking into, but just wondered since we had out hearts set on this time and ship :)

Thank you again!

I do not know the answer to your question but wanted to give you some food for thought. I booked a room for 5 a few months ago. Carnival then opened the solo cabin deal with no extra cost. So for less that $100, I had two rooms with one person booked in one and four in the other. Once on board, we put two in one and three in the other. Worked out great.

I do not know the answer to your question but wanted to give you some food for thought. I booked a room for 5 a few months ago. Carnival then opened the solo cabin deal with no extra cost. So for less that $100, I had two rooms with one person booked in one and four in the other. Once on board, we put two in one and three in the other. Worked out great.

Idk what the solo cabin deal is.... and you only paid 100 dollars?????? You have my attention if I'm reading correctly

I, too, have a family of 5 and now only book 2 rooms (1 balcony, 1 inside) for extra space.

The only time we booked 5 of us in a room the kids were younger and we had to book an oceanview room.

I don't believe balcony rooms or interior rooms will accommodate a family of 5.

I think you can also book a suite, however, the cost is so high it ends up being cheaper to book 2 separate rooms.

Wish I could be more help! Call Carnival directly to get the correct info your looking for.

Good luck! We will be on the Sunshine at the end of August and we are so excited!!!

Hi,

my DH & I had cabin 2470 on the Conquest - ocean view in the back corner... looks like 2340 would be it on Sunshine.

Good points:

It is large, even if you made up the couch bed, there would be room for a couple of roll away beds and still be able to get around. So if you are looking to pack several people into a room...this could be it.

Only issue was that it is noisy...thrusters or something like that.

So if you are not light sleepers...a similar location could work for you space-wise on the Sunshine.

We did 5 in a cabin with our 3 kids, 13, 10, and7. It was tight, but totally doable. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again! We just didn't spend much time in the cabin!

Ours will be 13, 9 and 7. Don't think we will spend a lot of time on the cabin as this is the first vacation ever! SO they are pretty pumped. Thanks for positive feedback :-)

I, too, have a family of 5 and now only book 2 rooms (1 balcony, 1 inside) for extra space.

The only time we booked 5 of us in a room the kids were younger and we had to book an oceanview room.

I don't believe balcony rooms or interior rooms will accommodate a family of 5.

I think you can also book a suite, however, the cost is so high it ends up being cheaper to book 2 separate rooms.

Wish I could be more help! Call Carnival directly to get the correct info your looking for.

Good luck! We will be on the Sunshine at the end of August and we are so excited!!!

Thanks for that info. Yeah maybe once older we can. We looked into a conjoining Oceanview and it was just gonna be so much higher.

Need to look at quads then add a rolllaway.

Don't know if you can book this online or if you have to call.

Bring several pocket holders for your stuff.

Idk what the solo cabin deal is.... and you only paid 100 dollars?????? You have my attention if I'm reading correctly

If your cruise has solo booking without a penalty, it may be worth checking the price for the second room. You would pay the difference between the price of being passenger 3,4 or 5 (lower price) and the price of passenger 1.

So first try a mock booking for one to get your price, then subtract the cost of the extra passenger from your room.

That being said. I travel with my two boys a lot and do just fine in our one cabin. When my adult daughter decided to join us for our last cruise, we really needed the extra room. I was suprised how little it cost to get t the two room with the solo sale. It was on the Sunshine two months ago.

Have a great time!!!

Hopefully you can get the cabin you want. Its best to call Carnival and book over the phone, they will let you know what cabins are available. Just have the deck plans open and take a look before booking. We fit 3 adults and 2 kids under 6 in a balcony cabin and it was fine. If you can get an OV they are usually a bit bigger. Have fun!

They will not allow a rollaway in all quad cabins. In fact, we were told when booking the sunshine for 5 in November, that the only ocean view cabins that allow 5 are on deck 1. No balcony cabins allow 5 except suites. Definitely call and report back if you are told something different. I'd be interested to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully you can get the cabin you want. Its best to call Carnival and book over the phone, they will let you know what cabins are available. Just have the deck plans open and take a look before booking. We fit 3 adults and 2 kids under 6 in a balcony cabin and it was fine. If you can get an OV they are usually a bit bigger. Have fun!

Was this on sunshine? We really wanted a balcony but was told they don't allow 5. If so I'm going to call again!

We sailed with 5 in a balcony quad cabin on Carnival Victory - twice. The kids were 13, 8 and 4 the first time we sailed and the cabin was fine. Having a balcony cabin made all the difference, since it provided a nice space for those who were ready for dinner earlier than the others. It also allowed us to have some space to ourselves while the youngest was taking a nap.

I would not try to book this online - this requires a phone call with a PVP. We've had the same happen with hotel rooms - we could never book a room for 5 online.

I see how getting 2 cabins would be awesome however it's not in our budget. And having 3 little ones under 13 won't be like having 5 adults in a cabin :-)

We have to do 5 people in a cabin.....

. I also have a budget and have cruised a many time with five in a cabin and every time everyone loved it. Yes it will be tight. You got to do what is good for you. Go for it and have a good time. Save the cash and maybe y'all can do it again.

Was this on sunshine? We really wanted a balcony but was told they don't allow 5. If so I'm going to call again!

No, sorry, it was on the Triumph. Not sure which other ships allow 5 in a balcony. I was just trying to reassure the OP that it is possible to fit 5 in a cabin, so many people say to get two cabins. But most times it is not cheaper and that is important to me. Cost over all. :)

Get 2 cabins. 5 people in one cabin, to me, sharing limited closet space and one tiny bathroom would be more then I could possibly handle.

I agree with you! Two inside or outside cabins, one with two and one with 3 make the most sense! Best to have two bathrooms then share a tiny bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

We did 5 to a cabin on the Triumph in 2007. We had my parent, me and my kids who were 9 & 7 at the time. It was tight but completely do able and it was also the only way we could afford to go and I am so glad we did. Given the option between putting 5 in a cabin and sitting at home wishing we could cruise, I would put 5 in every time. Even now with the kids being 14 & 16.

We did 5 to a cabin on the Triumph in 2007. We had my parent, me and my kids who were 9 & 7 at the time. It was tight but completely do able and it was also the only way we could afford to go and I am so glad we did. Given the option between putting 5 in a cabin and sitting at home wishing we could cruise, I would put 5 in every time. Even now with the kids being 14 & 16.

If that is the only option- I agree with you!

I agree! A day at sea is better than a day on land anytime :-)

I travel with my family of 5 with our 3 kids ages 11 9 and 4. I usually go with a friend of ours so we just put one of our kids listed in their rooms but all of my kids stay with us. Right now it's ideal because my youngest can still share a bed with one of the other kids or be in our bed. We will rethink this once they start getting older but right now it works for us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app