8 day cruise, is doing carry on realistic?

Baby_Bear

Heaviest would be PJs and a light sweater, but 2 pairs of pants.&'3 tops that you could mix and match could go in a carry on. Jersey is light and doesn't wrinkle. Depends on how many people are using the suitcasss

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

I have a black knit jersey dress that has a fitted tank top and long skirt. I can layer different sparkly tops over it and create completely different looks for elegant nights. And it rolls so tiny! :p

Edited by Bookbug53

I have a black knit jersey dress that has a fitted tank top and long skirt. I can layer different sparkly tops over it and create completely different looks for elegant nights. And it rolls so tiny! :p

I have a black fine gauge knit wool longer pencil skirt, tank, and long sweater that is the best for winter travel. :) All three pieces can be worn with other items, and are machine washable on gentle. I can dress the outfit up with sparkly jewelry and heels or down with boots and a scarf. I am spending two weeks in London next early spring, and building my wardrobe for the trip around those three pieces due to the versatility and how they do not wrinkle. Love things like this!

Want to mention one thing to the ladies... Certain feminine hygiene products are difficult to locate in parts of Europe. Easy in the UK, impossible in Greece. Come prepared, and consider either skipping your placebos that month (not medical advice, speak to your MD before doing this) or using a Diva Cup as an option. My friend didn't know this and thought she would just buy locally while in Spain, and had a hard time finding them. When she did, they were very expensive and only available in regular absorbency. She did not "have a happy period." :(

For toiletries---

If you have enough time do a trial run at home.

I know, for me, that travel toothpaste do 14 uses, 3oz of shampoo and conditioner will last a bit more than a week, 15ml eye drop bottle of Argan oil will do 42 applications and 10days of hair gel will fit into one cup of a contact lens case.

I will decant into various bottles when needed. Don't need to bring 3oz of Agan oil when the whole bottle has lasted for a very long time. I will reuse (eye drop bottles or contact lens cases) and buy other sizes. REI carries 1oz bottles for about a buck.

Want to mention one thing to the ladies... Certain feminine hygiene products are difficult to locate in parts of Europe. Easy in the UK, impossible in Greece. Come prepared, and consider either skipping your placebos that month (not medical advice, speak to your MD before doing this) or using a Diva Cup as an option. My friend didn't know this and thought she would just buy locally while in Spain, and had a hard time finding them. When she did, they were very expensive and only available in regular absorbency. She did not "have a happy period." :(

Even difficult in Rome.

We have an 8-day cruise on the Breeze coming up in August. We are seriously debating doing carry on for the trip and I was wondering what you guys think - has anyone done it? If so, how did it work out?

We'll be flying in to Miami the morning of the cruise and flying out the morning of debarkation. Last year, we had a really bad experience on Delta flying into Fort Lauderdale when our one bag (we were sharing a suitcase) went missing, and they could not deliver it till the third day of the cruise. I don't care about the $50 RT bag fee, I just don't want that to ever happen again. And flying in the night before is not an option with the hours I work...so hence the carry on idea. My cruise partner is my mom and being August, it'll be all summer dresses that don't take up a ton of space, two cocktail dresses for the formal nights, etc. My only concern is whether travel sized bottles (<100 ml) of my favorite shampoo and conditioner will be enough, lol!

I've done three weeks several times now and only travel with carry-ons. This is how I do it.

Travel size liquids - airlines allow 3 oz bottles in 1 qt clear zip-lock bags for each adult.

The ship provides shampoo.

Wear your shoes and pack your sneakers. (I generally do not bring heels.)

Mix and match outfits to change it up. No formal clothes anymore.

I leave my purse at home since I never use it on the ship.

I don't wear makeup so I don't have to pack that.

Use two small suitcases and two gym bags (one for each adult) so you can board the airplane.