Lobsters & Dry Cleaning/Pressing

frostypenguin

That has to be the most creative pairing of totally different things Ii have ever seen on these boards!

Lobster is served, normally, at the second formal night on a seven day cruise. They are usually Caribbean lobsters, tails only.

It is best to give them a full day on laundry/dry cleaning. We have had things returned in a few hours for pressing only and also been told, sorry we could not be accommodated in a short time. This one may not have an exact answer.

I envision that little lobster slaving over a hot iron, pressing a formal shirt with all the pleats!

That has to be the most creative pairing of totally different things Ii have ever seen on these boards!

Not really, where there's lobster there is melted BUTTER! :) Question makes sense to me, how many shirts to bring with one always out to be cleaned.

Is lobster served every night or just on formal nights? Also, is it full lobster or just tail?

How long does it take for you to get things back if you sent a shirt out to be dry cleaned or pressed while onboard?

As indicated below, in by 9am back by 5 tomorrow unless you want same day service and that cost's 50% more. If you do much laundry on board you have to watch the clock. If you turned in a shirt today at 10:00, you wouldn't get it back tomorrow but the next day by 5:00.

I've used the laundry services on every cruise and thought they did a very nice job.

Laundry_and_Valet_Service_Form.jpg

Lobster is also one of the entree choices at Sabbatini's, so that would be available any night (for the extra restaurant fee,of course.) It is still only lobster tails, but we live on Cape Cod and are used to great fresh lobster, still find the lobster served on Princess to be excellent.

I've always enjoyed my lobsters broiled with clarified butter... but I bet you could dry clean and press them.:D

This Nov will be our first Princess cruise. On our previous Celebrity cruises we used the laundry / dry cleaning and discovered we only need half the clothes we took. So this trip we intend to pack much lighter - only about half of what we otherwise would take. Plus since we have a suite -- it's complementary!;)

As for lobster - it was only normally available on special nights, but our waiter managed to sneak me a couple of tails on the nights that I wasn't fond of any of the entres' -- of course the $20 I gave him up front helped I am sure.

Archived