Cruise burnout can be cured !!!!

nadeki

This past Spring I had had questioned whether or not I had burned out on cruising or NCL as I had not enjoyed my latest cruise the way I used to. So many kind friends here gave me support and ideas. Wanted to let you know we have just finished a week on the Epic in the Med and it was AMAZING.

Every aspect of the trip was new, fun, exciting and felt like my first cruise all over again. We loved the ports, tours we took ( app non ship sponsored) and the NCL shows. As we had 6 days out of 7 as port stops we barely got to know the Epic.

We bought the ultimate dining package and tried every restaurant. I think I would have been happy to eat every meal in O'Sheehans.

As the ship started in Barcelona there were many non english speaking guests on the ship. This is only a problem when everyone is trying to figure out the elevators etc.... We did miss having some interactions with other passengers.

Passengers on this ship were better dressed during the days, at buffets and had better manners than we have seen lately. No buffet hogs etc...

We loved our tours of just our family in a van deciding where we wanted to go and how long we wanted to stay and being able to call it a day a few hours early if desired. We saw more than any of the ships tours could have provided and it was about the same in cost.

The thing that really re-sparked my love of NCL was the staff. They had the can do attitude of service that we missed last Spring on the Star. It is hard to explain just more genuine smiles and caring.

Needless to say we are trying to figure out where we are going next. Most likely won't be the Epic as while we enjoyed the new adventure we were driven crazy in the cabin with the very small walkway between the sink and the bed. This caused a few grumpy moments during the week.

So, thanks again for all the ideas on how to cure my first world problem.....I now feel much better!

And, for anyone who has not been to Barcelona, you must make plans to go. This was the highlight of our trip and we are glad we stayed there before and after the cruise.