Mini-Suite On Pacific Princess

Off Shore

We have had 8000 three times on the Ocean Princess - it is our favourite cabin - as it is just so quiet, no noise at all from above and we have always had a queen or king size bed when in that cabin. Our friends were in 8002 in March/April and they also had the queen/king combination so unless 8004 is the one with the twin beds, they can all be moved to either twin or queen. We have 8008 in April and are hoping that eventually we can move a few cabins as I do know what the noise can be like from above in those mini suites. We have had 8040, 8053 and 8057 and they can be quite noisy early in the morning.

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

On your recommendation we are just home after the Land of the Midnight sun cruise and stayed in mini 8000.

It was a wonderful cruise, very good weather most of the time and we loved our cabin and we know you do.

Unfortunately we did have one night where we were woken at 2-45am by loud banging above our cabin. After hoping it would stop, which it didn't, my husband went up to deck 9 to see what was going on.

He couldn't believe that for some reason the card room was being emptied out, there's heavy furniture in that room, and the carpets were being shampooed. The fellow was making so much noise that the ceiling in our cabin was vibrating.

We called the desk and explained that this was totally unacceptable and after another thirty minutes the noise stopped, by this time it was nearly 3-45 am. We were wide awake by this stage and had trouble going back to sleep.

The next day we sent a letter to the Hotel Manager explaining the situation which was promptly replied with an apology and an assurance we would not have this problem again which we didn't. I think someone slipped up scheduling this at that hour, it could easily be done on a port day or at a more reasonable hour.

The Ocean Princess, and especially the cabins are so spacious, we look forward to another cruise on her.

Trish in Mt Waverley

Trish,

So glad that you loved "our favourite cabin". We have never had anything like what you described on any of our cruises on the Ocean Princess. Even when we had the noisier cabins further down the hallway, at least it was quiet in the middle of the night. I feel for you, as it is so hard to get back to sleep once you have been awakened after being in such a deep sleep. We had this happen on Azamara's Quest back in 2009 but this was due to a fire downstairs so this was a much more urgent wake up.

We too live in Mt. Waverley and have done so for the past 34 years. It is a great place to live, not too far from the city and yet so handy to lots of good shopping centres. Perhaps we have bumped into one another when at the Glen or the Village in Mt. Waverley. Small world!

Jennie

Lived in Mt Waverly for 4 years (Minerva Ct)! Went to Syndal and Monash. :D

It's such a great suburb, close to everything, hope you enjoyed your time here. You would notice a big change if you came back, a lot of redevelopment with many older homes being replaced with dual occupancy homes.

Kind regards,

Trish

Tri

We too live in Mt. Waverley and have done so for the past 34 years. It is a great place to live, not too far from the city and yet so handy to lots of good shopping centres. Perhaps we have bumped into one another when at the Glen or the Village in Mt. Waverley. Small world!

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

We have actually corresponded before, a few years back, we live off Oxford St in one of the courts. We love the convenience of our suburb, hard to leave this area.

I shop mainly at The Glen, love the undercover parking.

I always take note of what you post, you are a wealth of information, do hope Peter is doing well after his health issues sometime back.

Kind regards,

Trish

Trish,

Now I remember, must be old age catching up! Yes, Peter is fine, thanks, and we are off next Saturday to Broome and then onto the Kimberley's and the Mitchell Plateau. We have always wanted to see this part of Australia but of course overseas trips kept on getting in the way. I marked July, 2014 off in my diary a couple of years ago to do this trip and at last it is about to happen.

Of course, we are still going overseas this year though not as far as Europe . We are off to Japan in October to do a cruise around the islands on the Diamond Princess. We visited Japan back in 2009 and loved the country and the people so we decided to see more of the country especially Tokyo.

Jennie