The Centers for Disease Control Cruise Ship Green Sheets

Sizzlechest

Some things seem nit-picky like the jet from one pool area encroaching on some other area. Other things like not enough chlorine or not enough heat or improper storage of cups and utensils are a major problem. I hope they got their act together since March on the Breakaway. It's a big ship with a lot of people, so I can understand places like the buffet being a challenge, but improper maintenance, storage, or disinfection is a show stopper in my opinion.

There ought to be a sticky at the top of every subforum with the results for that cruise line linked.

Any thoughts as to the reasons for Breakaway and Sun's relatively poor records especially compared to the Getaway and the NCL Dawn? Sizes and number of passengers on Breakaway are similar to Getaway and Sun and Dawn seem comparable. How did the ships score on previous inspections that might indicate a one-time problem or a persistent one?

Any thoughts as to the reasons for Breakaway and Sun's relatively poor records especially compared to the Getaway and the NCL Dawn? Sizes and number of passengers on Breakaway are similar to Getaway and Sun and Dawn seem comparable. How did the ships score on previous inspections that might indicate a one-time problem or a persistent one?

"Relatively poor records"? They did pass the inspection. 86 and up is satisfactory. I am glad these inspections take place and they are great for keeping the cruise lines on their toes and all of us safe, but I am not going to go off the deep end about a score of 86. Has any NCL ship ever failed an inspection? If the were not passing inspection,that would concern me. But this is a non issue for me.

At the link provided, search for a perticular ship and read the "CORRECTIVE REPORT" link.

This shows what items had points deducted from a perfect "100".

Some infractions have points attached, while others do not.

Pretty interesting reports!

Many of the deducted points on the Breakaway were for poorly cleaned meat slicers and storage of other cooking materials.

I would think these are important basic health/safety issues no matter what size the ship is. Re-training staff is generally mentioned as part of the solution.

You can see lots more by looking around the posetd link (re: history of scores, etc.)

I haven't been on the Breakaway yet, but this report coupled with the feedback on this forum of spotty customer service, I'd say that management of the ship can vary even within a cruise line.

I love the experience at Disney parks. This article explains the mindset behind their approach to the customer: https://www.helpscout.net/blog/disney-customer-experience/

Every company should learn from that.