Your Preferred Type of Cruise

Which type of cruise do you prefer?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of cruise do you prefer?

• 7 night fly-cruise
    • B2B fly-cruise
    • Cruise & Stay
    • Stay & Cruise
    • Cruise from the UK
    • Cruise only - organise own flights and transfers

I've gone for a b2b fly cruise. I enjoy it when your first itinerary finishes, and when you'd usually be going home, you get to stay onboard and you know you've got another week to go. :D

Much prefer a b2b these days to a cruise & stay. The stay part always seems slightly disappointing compared to the cruise part.

If I can it's a b2b - it takes me a week to unwind, but 7 days are better than none. I like land based holidays too, but I don't know how people go from an all singing, dancing, eating, exciting cruise to just the same hotel for week 2. Good poll though - maybe I'm going to find out :)

I've voted for b2b flycruise as we have tried stay and cruise and felt we were just "waiting" the first week.

However this year we thought we'd try a cruise and stay and we really enjoyed the stay as the hotel was excellent.

So it was close but with a b2b you don't have to pack up and move half way through your holiday (and waste a day).

I voted for b-2-b. For me the organisation involved in getting organised to go, packing, sorting out afterwards, washing and ironing seems disproportionate for one week. (We take very little more for two weeks than one!)

Also it's cheaper week for week for a two week cruise - sometimes the price for the second week is quite cheap in comparison as you only have one return flight for 14 nights instead of two for 2 x 7 nights. OK, it means waiting longer between cruises as we save up for the next one but I prefer to do it that way.

We've never done a cruise and stay but if we did I'd go for stay and cruise as I think for me the stay part would be a bit of an anti-climax after a week on the ship. I'd sooner do a hotel stay on its own and in that case am perfectly happy with a one week stand alone hotel holiday taken separately from a cruise.

I would like to extend a cruise (preferably approaching two weeks for the reasons above) with a 2/3 night pre cruise stay in certain departure ports especially if they are cities like Athens, Rome, Barcelona, Venice etc. We've never done such a thing but it appeals to me as it would allow us to explore the city more than with a one day port call making it like a city break tagged on. I imagine although it would add to the overall cost, it would be fairly cost effective as again you'd only have one lot of flights.

Interesting poll ;)

I prefer the repositionals and one off cruises. The repo's are good value and go to some unusual places.

But there is no repo option on the poll :-(

Good point - we've done a few repo's too and not only have they been excellent value for money but have taken us to ports we otherwise wouldn't have visited. Some very interesting itineraries are offered with these one-off cruises. ;)

I prefer the repositionals and one off cruises. The repo's are good value and go to some unusual places.

But there is no repo option on the poll :-(

Knew there was one I forgot! :(

Nearly put an 'Other' option on the poll but then didn't add it. :o