My Favorite Soups on NCL: Missing in Action!

dongordon

I haven't cruised since January, but on my two last cruises on the Breakaway and the Jewel, I was disappointed to find that the "cold soups" in the dining rooms were gone and in the French Specialy Restaurant, the French Onion soup barely had any cheese melted on top.

(In the old days, they did!) :D

Has anything changed on any of the NCL ships that would bring back my favorite soups?

I heard there were cold soups in the buffet some days, but I only eat there for breakfast!!

Don

It sure is!!

I am trying, Man!! :D :D

Don

LOL, alas cruel world! :o I wondered about this on our recent Jade cruise as well. That's a great thing about these boards, one never feels alone.

I heard there were cold soups in the buffet some days, but I only eat there for breakfast!!

Don

Well, for Heaven's sake, change up your routine a little and maybe swing through the buffet before heading off to wherever it is you lunch! You never know, you might just find a delish appetizer bowl of cold soup waiting for you. Ask one of the chef's about them, maybe at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. They might do something special for you!

After our first cruise on NCL I was HOOKED on the chilled fruit soups. I looked forward to them before each cruise. Then in about 2011 they changed everything and my chilled soups were gone. (At least in the restaurants, not including the buffet because we almost never eat there.) :mad:

We cruise in a suite so have the breakfasts & lunches in Cagney's (or now Moderno) and sometimes the soup of the day is a chilled soup. Yep! That's always my choice!

Well, for Heaven's sake, change up your routine a little and maybe swing through the buffet before heading off to wherever it is you lunch! You never know, you might just find a delish appetizer bowl of cold soup waiting for you. Ask one of the chef's about them, maybe at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. They might do something special for you!

Hey Brenda...

It is bad enough that I venture into the buffet at breakfast!!

If I did that at lunch, the temptations for other treats might prove very distracting.

I am not on Weight Watchers because I am "Slim Jim!!" :D :D

No a bad idea about the CC Meeting.....I will certainly take your advice on that one!! :D

Thank you.

Don