Early Saver changes??

chris330r

I'm booked for next March with Early Saver, solo 1A while friend will be solo up in the Spa Ocean Suite.

On a last minute whim this week, we decided to do a quick 4 day Sensation cruise next month & to keep it cheap just go ahead and bunk together in an OV room.

The Sensation will be kind of a test run for us...If we don't claw each others eyes out by the end of this short cruise, we're thinking of then bunking together in the suite.

Now I know Early Saver has restrictions and I lose the whole deposit if I cancel altogether...but is it ok to say I'm going to bunk in friend's Suite and to reschedule my solo fare for a later cruise date? And if so, is there a penalty and/or time frame when the reschedule has to be??

I'm booked for next March with Early Saver, solo 1A while friend will be solo up in the Spa Ocean Suite.

On a last minute whim this week, we decided to do a quick 4 day Sensation cruise next month & to keep it cheap just go ahead and bunk together in an OV room.

The Sensation will be kind of a test run for us...If we don't claw each others eyes out by the end of this short cruise, we're thinking of then bunking together in the suite.

Now I know Early Saver has restrictions and I lose the whole deposit if I cancel altogether...but is it ok to say I'm going to bunk in friend's Suite and to reschedule my solo fare for a later cruise date? And if so, is there a penalty and/or time frame when the reschedule has to be??

ES is not change friendly. Dont think they will allow this change without charging a penalty which i think is $ 50.

You lose $50 of the deposit for any change. Don't know if you can use the leftover $250 for a different cabin on the same cruise, but it seems like you should be able to.

Since it's a solo booking, I put $500 deposit so less the $50 change fee, I would then have $450 left that could be used for a later cruise with Carnival. I know I wouldn't be able to use it towards this cruise as OBC.

My friend's Ocean Suite is all paid up for, so it would just be a matter of adding me to her room, or would she incur a fee for that? She paid 200% for solo so I would think any addition to her cabin would just be the gratuities?

If the suite is still selling at the same price she booked, you should be okay.

Actually it doesnt matter as long as she paid 200%,that locks in the rate. The person added just needs to pay the current taxes and fees.

Ive added people often when paying 200%.

Edited by ohiogymrat

Thanks for all the great info everyone. I'm glad to know we can do this so we're going to see how it goes bunking with each other on Sensation, and if we're still speaking to each other by the end we'll make the change in September for the March cruise.

If we can survive together in an OV, I'm sure an Ocean Suite will be no problem for us.

Since you are looking at the end of September to make the change, that should be before final payment date. You could take advantage of the change in smoking policy and tell them that is why you are cancelling. Unless they change their what they have said, you can cancel without penalty. They will refund your funds and then your friend can add you. Happy cruising.

Since you are looking at the end of September to make the change, that should be before final payment date. You could take advantage of the change in smoking policy and tell them that is why you are cancelling. Unless they change their what they have said, you can cancel without penalty. They will refund your funds and then your friend can add you. Happy cruising.

He is in a 1a he cant smoke in that cabin. The smoking change impacts those booked in balconies.

He is in a 1a he cant smoke in that cabin. The smoking change impacts those booked in balconies.

I do understand the change impacts smoking on the balcony, but I believe right now Carnival is allowing you to cancel using the change as a reason. They have no way of knowing if someone they are traveling with also canceled because of smoking.

I do understand the change impacts smoking on the balcony, but I believe right now Carnival is allowing you to cancel using the change as a reason. They have no way of knowing if someone they are traveling with also canceled because of smoking.

But still... it only applies to someone in a balcony who will no longer be able to smoke on their balcony. They won't let them use this reason because someone in another cabin is cancelling.

But still... it only applies to someone in a balcony who will no longer be able to smoke on their balcony. They won't let them use this reason because someone in another cabin is cancelling.

Yep and even if they did, they would need proof that a person did indeed cancel a balcony. Just saying someone im traveling with cancelled wouldn't cut it.

Edited by ohiogymrat

It's really a moot point anyway because I really don't want to try and get my money back and I'm perfectly fine with Carnival keeping the deposit on account for a future cruise since I know i'll be cruising with them again.

Besides, I'm not a smoker and I believe it's best to stay honest....especially since I'm very bad at lying anyway.