Will room service deliver chilled champagne for breakfast?

warmwinds

I've been trying to think how to make my husband's birthday on board special, and have decided to start the day with room service breakfast and mimosas.

Will they deliver a chilled bottle of champagne (that we would pay for) along with breakfast?

How is the pay for the wine part handled, just added to your shipboard account?

Would I have to order this in advance or just hang the breakfast thing on the door the night before?

I would just call room service the day/night before to place the order for the champagne to be delivered in the morning with breakfast.

Whatever you do, make a selection of Champagne in advance and confirm with room service, that you can order it to be delivered with breakfast and ask them the best way to arrange this. You want to make a specific selection as they have champagne and sparkling wine on board that can run from $10 for a split (if they have that size) to well over $100/bottle. All, or most, can be ordered from room service. Check out the champagnes and sparking wines that are available on the MDR wine list when you get on board. Here is a link to a wine list that is about 15 months old to give you an idea: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

If you search these boards you might be able to find a more recent one.

Also, if you just want a little champagne then check your mini-bar as there might be a split or a half bottle in there and the prices will be the same as from room service or elsewhere on board. If there is just a split and you want more then ask your cabin steward to put an extra in the mini bar for you. You can also ask your cabin steward to be sure to leave a couple champagne glasses and then you can just order extra OJ with your breakfast order.

I'll also mention that you are allowed to bring on up to two bottles of wine, including Champagne, with you are embarkation although I realize this might complicate the surprise element of your plan. We usually devote this to Champagne for enjoyment in our cabin. Your cabin steward can be sure it is iced down and you have glasses on request. You can also fit a bottle in the mini-bar fridge to keep it cold although you might have to shuffle some items around to make room.

Edited by Lsimon