Carnival Magic 7-13-14 Premium Vista 9C Deck 8 Review

jeffw777

Although we are on the Breeze next month in the aft wrap balcony I'm reading along. I understand the layout is very similar. We are on deck 6 so guess we'll hear the noise but we are usually hard sleepers. I understand all the rooms are different but thanks for posting photos. There aren't many out there. Hoping to go to the same ports so I'll enjoy that part of your review also. Thanks and keep it coming!

EXCELLENT!!!! You have a delightful attitude and don't ever think you're taking too much time or talking to much about any one day!!! The more photos and details the better!!!

I've already picked out my selections for Embarkation dinner -- and Nana's (she's diabetic) and I'm ready for more review!!!!

The photos are great!!!

(I didn't have the same problem you had with the Caesar Salad in the Cucina. Mine was perfect last October!! And I didn't have the red sauce -- the cream sauce was GREAT!!!) Oh and you're so RIGHT about the bread!!! Mmmmmm...

7/4/14

I will start today with some pic's of the "Fun Times" From yesterday, our first day on board. I was so busy running my mouth I forgot to post. Here you go..

pic_1704_zpscca9e3bb.jpg

pic_1705_zpsc0f574ae.jpg

pic_1707_zps5d80dc5d.jpg

pic_1708_zps5ce39487.jpg

pic_1709_zpsdc79d401.jpg

I was looking forward to sleeping in the first day at sea! Unfortunately my internal alarm clock had other ideas. Rise and shine at 7:15am. This is actually sleeping in for me. My work day usually starts at 6:00am so the extra hour and fifteen minutes was enjoyed. Although firm the bed was comfortable and I was very pleased with the linens and pillows. I have found the area where the two twin beds come together a bit annoying in the past but didn't notice it much on the Magic. I must have stayed on my side of the bed!

Being on the starboard side of the ship, and heading almost due south our balcony was facing west to north-west so there was some welcome shade in the morning. After a quick walk outside to gaze at the beautiful blue waters it was time for some room service.

07181446_zps49f49961.jpg

I will never forget the first time I saw the blue ocean, or in this case gulf. It truly is mesmerizing.

I have reached my picture quota for this post...

To be continued..

7/14/14 Continued..

Not sure why the pictures of the fun times rotated. I will try to get it right with today's..

pic_1729_zps6bcc62c1.jpg

pic_1730_zps052ee50b.jpg

pic_1731_zps51867753.jpg

pic_1732_zpse748f770.jpg

pic_1733_zpsa76a68fe.jpg

Back to room service..

I thought I took a picture of the menu but apparently I did not. There were a number of appetizing selections available. My wife and I really enjoyed the smoked salmon! We ordered it with a buttery crescent roll and cream cheese, delish! It comes with onions, capers, tomato's and although this might not sound like a "breakfast" selection we loved it, and it was a great way to start the day. Had grapefruit juice, milk, and coffee to drink.

pic_1944_zps9ef23fde.jpg

To be continued..

THANK YOU for the FunTimes post!!! I got my answer!!!

I'm loving this!!! One of my roomies on my upcoming cruise has never been o the MAGIC, and only once before on a Carnival Ship. This will help her learn what's what!!! ... and it's reminding me what I'm looking forward to!!!

7/14/14 Continued..

After breakfast we decided to head out and check out the rest of the ship. Did some exploring yesterday as I mentioned but there was still much more to see.

Headed to the upper decks to check out the pool, sports, and water slides areas. Although both pools on the ship are small, they will get you wet which for me is the point. They were quite busy and by 11:00am most of the lounge chairs around the pool area and decks above were taken. Carnival does have a 45 minute rule about holding lounge chairs, but as far as I could tell, this is not enforced. Seriously people! DON'T put towels on chairs at 9:00am when you don't plan on using them until after lunch. RUDE!!

GOPR4207_zps115ef97c.jpg

Beach pool..

GOPR4521_zps66e43669.jpg

Tides pool..

GOPR4516_zps10d18bda.jpg

Water Slides..

GOPR4200_zps27c20d87.jpg

SkyCourse..

GOPR4199_zps77b4745b.jpg

Sky Court..

It was getting close to lunch time so we went to check out the Lido buffet and were happy with the selection, but they don't start serving lunch until 12:00 so we had to wait a bit to eat. There were lots of seating options available and we landed a booth next to big windows that provided a great view of the water. The buffet plates are very large and it was difficult for me to leave any unfilled spaces. The salads were fresh with a nice selection of dressings. The potato salad and pasta salads were good as well.

pic_1901_zps4d3a1b5f.jpg

Looks more like a stomach ache than lunch but as I mentioned it was good, even though I had to loosen my belt a notch after lunch. (This will not be the first time I have to loosen my belt on this trip!)

To be continued.. (I will try to finish up the first day at sea later this evening. I have a busy day today but I will get through this review eventually. Stay tuned!)

I really love those slides!!! The blue and yellow one ... I kept waiting for it to be through, but I kept sliding and sliding longer than expected!!! And the centrifugal force of the "toilet bowl" on the orange one... They're both great!!!!

I love that photo -- it just reminds me of the fun I'll have!!! in about 44 days!!!

7/14/14 Continued..

After lunch we slowly worked our way back to our rooms to get ready for some fun in the sun! My son and I were in our suits and ready to go in about 5 minutes. My wife and daughter said they needed a few more minutes so an hour later we were headed out the door.

We headed to the Lido deck to check out the beach pool and tides pool and both were very busy. There were still towels on the same chairs from earlier unattended. Seriously? I thought I might gather them all up and dump them into the dirty towel hamper. (When the towels are checked out you have to sign for them and if they are not returned you are charged $ 25 per towel. Not sure how strict Carnival is on this policy but that would surly teach them to NOT their towels for hours and hours unattended.)

I had a change of heart (we are on vacation, after all) and we continued up to Deck 12 where there were a lot of lounge chairs available, although none by the pool.

We found a good spot with a nice breeze just aft of the sports court on the port side of the ship. We enjoyed some drinks and hung out here for a couple of hours, soaking up the ample sun. We decided to move to the starboard side of the ship to wrap up the afternoon so we could be looking into the sun, and enjoyed a relatively cooler and stiffer breeze from a passing storm.

0715141_zpsbd7fff8f.jpg

0714142_zps3707715e.jpg

Time to head in to get ready for dinner..

To be continued..

Great review! We are less than 30 days now, & starting to build anticipation! Even after 3 times on Magic, I know there are many things still left to see & do that we might have missed...food to taste, drinks to savor, activities, etc... so looking forward to seeing her thru your eyes!

7/14/14 Continued..

Dinner!

We all got a little sun and were tired, but also hungry. There are two "elegant" nights on a Carnival 7 day cruise. I thought the first one was tomorrow; I was wrong. Didn't look at the menu for the dining room either like I wish I had. It would have been very easy to do this on the TV but I had not learned that trick yet.

On past cruises we usually eat about half our meals in the dinning room, but on this night, the kids wanted pizza so we went up to the Lido deck and ate dinner there. The good news is that it was like a ghost town. The bad news is the reason why. Not only was it the first "elegant" night it was also lobster night in the dinning room.

Lobster, although not the cold water variety that I have eaten in Boston and Rhode Island, is always one of my favorites. I usually eat three or four. Oh well. Not this time. Wont make this mistake again!! For those of you that don't already know. They will bring you as much food as you want. Don't be bashful! Order two or more of your favorites. This is the one situation where gluttony is not only alright, its expected.

Dinner was good, and quiet, and we slowly worked our way back to our room after. We were dressed very casually and truly did feel out of place walking along the Promenade (Deck 5). It was like 5 different weddings converged on that deck at the same time. There were a lot more tuxes than I remember from the last cruise, and all the attire was definitely more formal than I expected. There were a lot of people waiting to get their pictures taken at the different picture spots. (There are four or five on this deck alone.) We enjoyed the people watching and made it back to the room to get ready for the 9:00pm show, "The Grooveline" at the Showtime Theatre.

pic_1738_zps975824b6.jpg

Prime Rib..(Very good!)

There are literally hundreds of desert options available at the Lido buffet. Here are a few of the options..

pic_1739_zpsfd691e1f.jpg

pic_1740_zps7795f763.jpg

"Dancing Music with Swift Albro Duo"

pic_1744_zps5dccf22f.jpg

Showtime Theatre..

We made it to the Showtime Theatre about 20 minutes early and had our choice of seating. We chose the upper level (Deck 4) and the seats were good. We all enjoyed the show. The dancing could have been a little "cleaner" but the two lead vocalist were great, and the live band in the middle of the set was good as well.

After the show we were ready to retire...

Coming up, Day Three: Second day at Sea

7/15/14..

Day two at sea is off to a good start, after another great night of sleep. (Some have posted that the AC in their rooms hasn't been cool enough. This has not been a problem in any of the aft rooms I have stayed in. We sleep with the AC on 70 at home and the temp in our stateroom was comparable. Had to adjust the thermostat a couple of times during the day when it was too cold!)

Room service again this morning. Same as yesterday only this time we ordered smoked salmon for two instead of one. Again, very good.

Took a gander at the Fun Times and started to plan our day.

pic_2001_zps45f87ad1.jpg

pic_2000_zps4b13023f.jpg

pic_2002_zps326cfb66.jpg

pic_2003_zps010b1586.jpg

pic_2004_zps654e24d2.jpg

We decided to let the kids sleep in this morning. OK, the kids ALWAYS sleep in. This really means we let them sleep through breakfast and into lunch, instead of waking them up around 10am or so. They absolutely love the interior room. The sun never comes up in there and they could literally sleep ALL DAY if we let them.

My wife and I decided we would head out on our own this morning. Get an early start and maybe land some good lounge chairs by the beach pool. We made it to the Lido deck around 10:00am and much to our surprise there were plenty of chairs to choose from. There were also plenty of towels unattended as was the case yesterday, and yes the same thoughts crossed my mind. Again I opted to be nice and we settled in to our spot.

GOPR4238_zpsa3741080.jpg

Lounge chairs by the beach pool..

To be continued..

Don't mean to hijack your review- just want to share re time difference in Belize.

Email from Island Marketing, where I booked a Belize excursion.

IMPORTANT TIME INFORMATION:

All tour times are stated in LOCAL TIME, NOT SHIP TIME. Tours are specifically scheduled to fit with your Cruise Ships arrival time in Belize. Please note that Belize LOCAL TIME is usually 1-2 hrs earlier then ship time. So if your ship is scheduled to arrive at 8am for example, it will be arriving at 6am or 7am Belize LOCAL TIME. Your guides will be awaiting your arrival regardless of time differences

Don't mean to hijack your review- just want to share re time difference in Belize.

Email from Island Marketing, where I booked a Belize excursion.

IMPORTANT TIME INFORMATION:

All tour times are stated in LOCAL TIME, NOT SHIP TIME. Tours are specifically scheduled to fit with your Cruise Ships arrival time in Belize. Please note that Belize LOCAL TIME is usually 1-2 hrs earlier then ship time. So if your ship is scheduled to arrive at 8am for example, it will be arriving at 6am or 7am Belize LOCAL TIME. Your guides will be awaiting your arrival regardless of time differences

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting your review. We are in an aft wrap balcony on the Sunshine in Sept. It's nice to see the inside of the room and how it's set up. I know it's not the same ship or same room but its nice to see the interior shots of the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

can you list the current pool side movies? hard to read them on the pics you posted... thanks!! i could read grown ups 2 and ridealong, but that was it...

Edited by oldmedic

OP has posted Fun Times for the first 3 days so far.

Here's the movie list:

Sunday, Seaside Theater-- Grown ups & Ride Along

TV-- The Proposal & Grown Ups

Monday, Seaside Theater-- Monuments Men & Noah

TV-- Toy Story & Captain America

Tuesday, Seaside Theater-- Captain America

TV-- The Proposal & Grown Ups