Due Diligence: Vision of the Seas

I am recently off the Vision of the Seas from a 5 night cruise to Key West and Grand Cayman.

Overall - the ship was in good shape & clean. A good cruise with AMAZING weather!

Embarkation at @ 1pm - quick (for the most part)

Cabin - clean, comfortable, lots of storage, teeny-tiny shower but bathroom never flooded

Food - Com se com sa' (never did the upcharge restaurants)

Park Cafe: is better than it appears)

Service - ditto

Cruise Director - A+ Steve Davis

Shore Excursions - on our own - awesome!!!

Disembarkation - 8:30am quick

My full review is pending approval and I will send a link.

Any questions?

So lucky you still have yours to look forward to!

We rented bikes on our own for $20 each in Key West at Island Safari Rentals on Greene St. - comfy bikes within walking distance off the ship! In Grand Cayman we took a chance and did a Jet Ski Safari from one of the kiosks off the ship. It was the Stingray City, Rum Point, Starfish Island tour -- we were the only ones on the whole tour and did the double jet ski (we had it floored to 40-45 mph and I couldn't move for a week afterwards - but it was an amazing experience I will never forget).

Cabin steward was very good. Dining room service was spotty. We had anytime dining and usually arrived just before 9pm and no one looked too happy to see us. Breakfast one day in MDR (food good - service not so good). Otherwise did Park Cafe and Windjammer - never had a problem getting a good window seat. Food repetitive but fine.

Here is the MDR menu for the 5 day KW/GC cruise (I made the mistake of not writing it down so hopefully my memory serves me correct):

#1 – Mojo

#2 – Basil

#3 – Saffron (Formal evening)

#4 – Jasmine (note that this was the “free” lobster” night - for sure 100%)

#5 – Pomodoro

We ate in the MDR on nights #1, #2 and #4.

We only went to the Rondell Sheridan comedy show which was good and the Aerial show in the Centrum which was also not bad... you can catch them practicing in the Centrum during the day. Oh, also saw the "Love & Marriage Show" if you count that as entertainment.

My full review is pretty detailed so I am hoping it gets posted asap! Can't wait to hear your review when you get back!

Any other specific questions I am happy to answer based on my experience...

$20 for the day per bike for the cruiser (includes helmet, basket and lock) - you might go online too but we just checked when we got off (they are on Greene St. and seemed to have bikes that looked like they were in decent condition). Follow Palm Ave. to Route 1 north - note there is construction but it's not too bad once you get past it (we ended up biking out of Key West north past Stock Island on the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail and I thought we were going to end up in NJ). Then we turned around and continued all the way around to S. Roosevelt Blvd/A1A to the Southernmost Point and then back to the ship. It took about 3 hours and we did 20+ miles at a leisurely pace stopping here and there.