Newbie - QM2 informal night question?

benjybody

:D Hi everyone.. I know there are lots of threads about Cunard dress codes but I wanted to ask about a specific outfit.

We are travelling on the QM2 from Southampton to NYC. This is our first ever cruise (let alone Cunard).

For informal night, would it be acceptable/appropriate for men to wear a smart blazer, shirt and coloured chinos?

Any advice would be most welcome!

Ben

Hi Ben, welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can get the most information on the Cunard Cruise Line Board so I would really ask the question there.

We took our first Cunard sailing in May of this year.

On informal nights men wore sports jackets, a collared dress shirt and dress pants. You could wear as you have planned but most will be in dress pants rather than chinos.

Keith

:D Hi everyone.. I know there are lots of threads about Cunard dress codes but I wanted to ask about a specific outfit.

We are travelling on the QM2 from Southampton to NYC. This is our first ever cruise (let alone Cunard).

For informal night, would it be acceptable/appropriate for men to wear a smart blazer, shirt and coloured chinos?

Ben

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a Cunard board and since this is a "Cunard" question I would think you would get a better answer there. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Ben

Hello Ben,

Welcome to Cruise Critic,

Yes, this is fine for informal night aboard QM2. You are in for a treat, the QM2 is beautiful ship and classic ocean liner. Don't miss Pub Trivia, pub lunch at the Golden Lion, Afternoon Tea in the Queens Room, evening drinks in the Commodore Club.

Have a wonderful voyage.

Jonathan