Hilton Cocoa Beach

KristyM79

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach and could provide any feedback? How from the Cocoa Beach pier and Ron Jon's is it? Is it a walkable distance? The hotel has a restaurant...but I try to avoid hotel food if possible as it's generally overpriced and mediocre at best. Any good restaurants in walking distance?

Also, was it easy to get a cab to Port Canaveral?

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach and could provide any feedback? How from the Cocoa Beach pier and Ron Jon's is it? Is it a walkable distance? The hotel has a restaurant...but I try to avoid hotel food if possible as it's generally overpriced and mediocre at best. Any good restaurants in walking distance?

Also, was it easy to get a cab to Port Canaveral?

Dennys is close. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Back from the FOS a few weeks ago and spent one night at the Hilton. As other posters mentioned it was not really close to anythng. We did not have a car as we just stayed there one night. If we sail out of Port Canaveral again and stay in that area, we would definitely rent a car as that would have been more cost effective.

We started to walk to see what restaurants were near by but it started storming so we were stuck with the hotel restaurant. Not horrible, but overpriced and an uninteresting menu. The burger was tasty and my husband said his fish and chips were ok, but not really what we were in the mood for. Drinks are very overpriced.

The best thing about the hotel is that is on the beach. The rooms do not have a balcony (which we did know ahead of time) and the bathroom was very small, nearly as small as a cruise cabin. The temperature in the hallways was very hot and humid.

We booked a shuttle to the port through the hotel at $5.00 per person. Turns out, the woman who checked us in never put us on the shuttle list. We were supposed to take the 10:30 AM shuttle and after 2 shuttles left because they didn't have room for us, we had to wait for them to call a special shuttle for us and didn't leave until 11:40.

We used Hilton Honors points for our stay so it was free. I would never pay full price to stay at this hotel.