P&O Change of Colours

Jollysailor93

Unfortunately change is something that is a neccessity in todays cut throat marketing world.

Whilst I believe in tradition, I also accept the need for change. Don't forget that P&O is actually no more. The brand name is leased by Carnival Group from Dubai Ports. So in reality P&O with Buff funnel has been no more for some years.

Being rather patriotic, I like the ideas of the Union Flag montage on the bow - It will look well.

And if the so called old guard don't like it, it's very easy to change to Cunard.

:)

Im all for flying the flag and glad the Union Jack is making an appearance on the hull, its just the design, its like the BA tail fin and thats 10 years old and starting to look dated.

Looks like a junior in a design studio has come up with it.

The stylised Union Flag however is not my cup of tea. It looks like they're trying hard to make it a symbol of the brand. Very much a "look at me" moment.

I'll reserve judgement until I've got used to the new appearance. However, I do remember that when BA got rid of the flag on the tails of their aircraft there was a massive outcry - while P&O are now facing a similar outcry for introducing the flag.

It might look OK once we've all had a chance to get used to it…..

Unfortunately change is something that is a neccessity in todays cut throat marketing world.

Whilst I believe in tradition, I also accept the need for change. Don't forget that P&O is actually no more. The brand name is leased by Carnival Group from Dubai Ports. So in reality P&O with Buff funnel has been no more for some years.

Being rather patriotic, I like the ideas of the Union Flag montage on the bow - It will look well.

And if the so called old guard don't like it, it's very easy to change to Cunard.

:)

Is it just a rumour that Cunard a painting a Downton Abbey montage on their bows, allegedly ;);)