Breakaway and Balcony

Need some input about the Breakaway and a Balcony.

Will be sailing the Breakaway 12 day in Feb. We have mostly booked an inside because we are never in our cabin. Never been on a large ship like the Breakaway before and want to know is it worth the 1100 dollars more to book a balcony this cruise. Wonder if there is enough chairs on decks to sit outside and relax? We were on the dawn Repo and could not find much seating anywhere. Sailed many times on the Dawn and never had a problem but seems as if they removed many chairs on the outside decks.

So just thinking how are the odds of finding places to sit and relax with so many people. I know there are many more places to go on the Breakaway but can help thinking that it may be difficult and a balcony may be nice.

JUst want to get any Breakaway cruisers opinion would it be worth the 1100 to book a balcony with so much to do on this large ship.

Thank you in advance.....:)

Marie

Hubby and I did the 12 day on the Breakaway January past. Have always only had and inside before this, but managed to get a really good deal on a balcony cabin for the 12 day.

Thank god we did, spent far more time in our room than we normally do. First full day and 1/2 we were pretty much confined to indoor activities, they had closed the outside decks due to wind, and there was only so much time you can spend sitting in the atrium. At least with having a balcony room you can relax and still get some daylight.

Was really nice to sit out when we got back on the ship on port days. Loved the cruise, but 6 ports in 6 consecutive days can be tiring. You need the 3 sea days on the way back to rest up, lol.

Whatever you decide to do, have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Need some input about the Breakaway and a Balcony.

Will be sailing the Breakaway 12 day in Feb. We have mostly booked an inside because we are never in our cabin. Never been on a large ship like the Breakaway before and want to know is it worth the 1100 dollars more to book a balcony this cruise. Wonder if there is enough chairs on decks to sit outside and relax? We were on the dawn Repo and could not find much seating anywhere. Sailed many times on the Dawn and never had a problem but seems as if they removed many chairs on the outside decks.

So just thinking how are the odds of finding places to sit and relax with so many people. I know there are many more places to go on the Breakaway but can help thinking that it may be difficult and a balcony may be nice.

JUst want to get any Breakaway cruisers opinion would it be worth the 1100 to book a balcony with so much to do on this large ship.

Thank you in advance.....:)

Marie

Might want to see if you can grab one of the angled balconies for more space. I'm booked in BC balcony cabin 11294 because it's the same price as regular BC balcony but more balcony space.

Edited by GeriC

We have sailed the Breakaway five times. Twice in December. I am spoiled and love my balconies so we will pay the extra. I have had the angled balconies twice.

One of the things I love about the Breakaway is how much seating it has both inside and out. So even with bad weather you can find someplace to sit.

The ship is laid out so that you have lots of comfy chairs through the public areas. During the day with the specialty restaurants are not open you can sit in their "outside" venue. The Bistro sidewalk area is popular. The waterfront area has nice outside seating that is available during the day.

So if you enjoy being away from your room...save your money so you can cruise more and enjoy the public areas of the Breakaway.

Thanks a lot for the feedback on the Balcony rooms. I'll be heading to Bermuda on the Breakway on 8/31. I was debating between the rooms and after going through these forums found that the Balcony might be worth the cost (which ends up being $300 additional for me). Not a tremendous dollar amount and although you do not gain a large balcony, I feel that the fee is justified by the slightly increased living space and my pregnant wife will hopefully agree!