Divina questions

dogchopper

My husband and I are booked on the Divina in sept 6th so I'm trying to learn as my as I can about it.

So, my questions

Soft serve ice cream, where is it served and what hours is it available? (I love my ice cream)

Theme nights, how involved are people in this? Do you dress up in a theme for dinner or is it just after dinner parties on the pool deck?

Dinner, other than formal night how dressed up do you need to be? I usually wear capris and a nice blouse hubby wears khaki pants and a polo shirt, will this be ok?

And any other helpful tips would be appreciated . I've asides carnival and royal Caribbean but I feel like I'm a newbie on this ship.

From a review I read (http://***************/ship/msc-divina/review/384612):

hmmmm... apparently I can't cruisecritic is censoring my url to the competition. If you want to read the whole review I am quoting from, search for "A Divine Cruise on the MSC Divina"

"Many passengers frequented the soft serve ice cream machines as did I, which were conveniently located on two sides of the Aqua Park available 2:00-5:00 pm."

Make sure to try the gelato too! It is to die for and so many awesome flavours you could have new ones every day.

Edited by oreosmile

My husband and I are booked on the Divina in sept 6th so I'm trying to learn as my as I can about it.

So, my questions

Soft serve ice cream, where is it served and what hours is it available? (I love my ice cream)

Self serve ice cream is available at the Auqua Park (deck 14) between 2:00pm and 5:00pm.

Theme nights, how involved are people in this? Do you dress up in a theme for dinner or is it just after dinner parties on the pool deck?

I can't really say how many people get involved with the theme night parties. I suppose attendance fluctuates from cruise to cruise. We will be attending at least 2 of the theme night parties. I don't see us wearing an all white outfit for the "White Party" to dinner so we will change later that evening.

Dinner, other than formal night how dressed up do you need to be? I usually wear capris and a nice blouse hubby wears khaki pants and a polo shirt, will this be ok?

You both will be fine. No shorts are allowed in the dining rooms after 6:00pm.

And any other helpful tips would be appreciated . I've asides carnival and royal Caribbean but I feel like I'm a newbie on this ship.

Get to the cruise terminal early, between 10:00 - 11:00 to avoid long check-in lines unless you are sailing in the Yacht Club.

We dressed up for white night for dinner and quite a lot of others did also. We were on the second sitting so by the time we finished our meal we went straight up to join in the party on the pool deck which was already in full swing. There is an Italian night (so we dressed up in cols of flag, lady on our table wore an italian football scarf) The other theme was 60's night. You would not be out of place if you dressed in theme or chose not to. It was a lot of fun and the entertainment team worked hard to make sure everyone enjoyed these nights.

Other than formal nights smart casual was the theme. Your outfits sound fine for dining.

Thanks that helps a lot!!

I usually eat dinner early seating, then go to the show . Will we then have time it make it to the parties on deck? Or should we change it late seating ?

I'm getting very excited about this cruise :D

We tend to not eat in the dining room on our cruises any longer. We like the flexibility and casualness of other venues. Other than the buffet are there any other FREE dining options? Is there a 24 hr pizza? Is there a standard free room service menu? Do they have a late night buffet option in the event we want a snack before going to bed?

Thanks.

Thanks that helps a lot!!

I usually eat dinner early seating, then go to the show . Will we then have time it make it to the parties on deck? Or should we change it late seating ?

I'm getting very excited about this cruise :D

You will have plenty of time to go to the parties on deck. The show lasts an hour it never ran over. In my opinion a perfect evening, dinner, show then party:)

We were second sitting and because we took our time chatting after the meal we were late going on to the deck to party it goes on til late so it will not matter too much when you get there.

make sure you visit all the bars as they all have very different types of entertainment.

We tend to not eat in the dining room on our cruises any longer. We like the flexibility and casualness of other venues. Other than the buffet are there any other FREE dining options? Is there a 24 hr pizza? Is there a standard free room service menu? Do they have a late night buffet option in the event we want a snack before going to bed?

Thanks.

The buffet is available 20hrs out of 24hrs

Pizzeria in buffet available hrs 12noon til 4.30pm Then 5pm til midnight (all freshly made)

Late night buffet option 11pm till 2am make your own sandwich

You can get a pizza delivery 6pm til midnight from your cabin you have to call reception, I did not do this, my planner says charges apply. I think we had a menu for room service in the cabin. I did not try room service so can't really comment

The only free dining options are the buffet or main dining room restaurants.

Deck 7 has speciality dining all with charges.

You will have plenty of time to go to the parties on deck. The show lasts an hour it never ran over. In my opinion a perfect evening, dinner, show then party:)

We were second sitting and because we took our time chatting after the meal we were late going on to the deck to party it goes on til late so it will not matter too much when you get there.

make sure you visit all the bars as they all have very different types of entertainment.

Thanks! It sounds like this cruise has a lot going on. We just took a carnival cruise, and I still love carnival, but they didn't have much going on at night on the lido deck exct the last night. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm an old fart of 51 but I enjoy watching all the fun.

The buffet is available 20hrs out of 24hrs

Pizzeria in buffet available hrs 12noon til 4.30pm Then 5pm til midnight (all freshly made)

Late night buffet option 11pm till 2am make your own sandwich

You can get a pizza delivery 6pm til midnight from your cabin you have to call reception, I did not do this, my planner says charges apply. I think we had a menu for room service in the cabin. I did not try room service so can't really comment

The only free dining options are the buffet or main dining room restaurants.

Deck 7 has speciality dining all with charges.

Even though I didn't ask that question I'm glad someone did. Sounds like the buffet is open much longer than carnivals or royal caribbeans .

Hubby and I are also on the Sept. 6 sailing. My husband will be wearing nice shorts and a golf shirt to dinner. Really hope they don't turn us away. We live in Florida and my husband never wears pants. That being said, I will make sure a pack 1 or 2 pair of pants.

New to MSC

Is there free room service?

On Celebrity there is free but an extra charge for specialty items and enhanced menu in above-balcony cabinsDoes it work like that?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hubby and I are also on the Sept. 6 sailing. My husband will be wearing nice shorts and a golf shirt to dinner. Really hope they don't turn us away. We live in Florida and my husband never wears pants. That being said, I will make sure a pack 1 or 2 pair of pants.

My hubby and I are also Floridians and on the Sept 6 sailing too. Here is a link to our roll call board for this sailing if you want to join with us! :) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993350

Thanks! It sounds like this cruise has a lot going on. We just took a carnival cruise, and I still love carnival, but they didn't have much going on at night on the lido deck exct the last night. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm an old fart of 51 but I enjoy watching all the fun.

Even though I didn't ask that question I'm glad someone did. Sounds like the buffet is open much longer than carnivals or royal caribbeans .

I'm an old fart of 51....but I like to start the fun or at least be in the middle of it........:D

I'm an old fart of 51....but I like to start the fun or at least be in the middle of it........:D

Sounds like your a lot of fun to be around !! :)

I would think nice shirts and a polo would be fine?? maybe nit for formal night but hopefully it's ok any other night.

I hope you joined the roll call!!