The Taste Bar

Does anyone know if they have a Taste Bar on the Inspiration out of Long Beach? If so, I'm going to check it out this weekend!:D

hey mousey! The Taste Bar is supposed to be on all ships.

IIRC, I read that the hours are from 5 to 8 pm for the appetizer tastings.

The taste bar is only a "sales" tool. Giver out "free" samples to get you to buy.

Think of it like this. Carnival is considered the WalMart of the seas, so let's put in a tasting station, just like in the food stores, to get you to buy a product. It's kind of Cheesy on a cruise ship.

I don't agree. I think it's fun and just informing people of their options. They have samples of food from all the venues (free and fee venues). I think if you're going to the fee venues, you'd go whether there were samples or not.

If you'd prefer to think of it as advertisements, then that's fair too. Carnival is a business that needs to make a profit so they can provide a low cost, above average vacation. Carnival doesn't make a big profit off food.....It's the liquor where their profit is made.

So stop in and take a taste.... ;)

Just off legend. They had taste bar on maybe four out of seven nights, around 5pm. It did appear to be on some sort of push cart but was always in same location, deck 2/3 forward close to trivia area. I don't remember them offering drinks though. Loved the soups the most.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Splendor where we tried the Taste Bar all 5 nights they had it. It was on Deck 5 near the El Morroco Bar so we (mostly me, DH didn't have it every time) took the samples and had it with our before dinner drinks. It was a nice "amuse bouche" and only slightly busy the last night.

I can only tell u from my experience 3 weeks ago, there was no push cart/kiosk it was served at bar like counter, bar was near with fancier cocktails and it was fabulous... I have however seen this "pushcart" thing that people are referring to about 6 yrs ago on the Fantasy it was a cart that served sushi (but still loved this and miss) having said this prior, the taste bar is along the lines of tapas, social, classy and nothing like a "sample cart at Walmart" lol I actually LOVE this, I have tried things here that were comparable to a fancy dining appetizer... Maybe some don't understand that logic. I'm from New Orleans and we have awesome food and the taste bar is something I look forward to daily... I was on the Dream if that matters