New to Princess, could someone please tell me about the coffee card?

Disneycruisers

Our family is sailing Emerald Princess over Thanksgiving. I checked on the website but it didn't provide much info.:( Does it include specialty coffees (similar to Starbucks Frappacinos?) I think I read in one of the threads you also receive a cup? What's the cost?

Thank you!:)

P.S. I'm embarrassed now. I just saw another link which provided the info.:o

Edited by Disneycruisers

The coffee card has 15 punches which are good for specialty coffees a la Starbucks. Lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, mochas, iced coffees and so on. These punches are good on any Princess ship and on any voyage.

The card is also good for brewed coffee on the voyage you purchased the card. When the card is issued to you, the crew member is supposed to write the voyage number and date on the back. Sometimes they don't. Once you are no longer traveling on the voyage of purchase, you can use a punch for a brewed coffee.

List price for the card is, I believe, $31 plus gratuity of 15%. You can avoid the gratuity if you want by pre-purchasing the card before you board. Simply call Princess and tell them you want to "gift yourself" however many coffee cards you want. You will find vouchers for the purchased cards in your cabin on embarkation day.

I believe the card is also good for gelato on the Royal and Regal but I haven't yet experienced that myself. It takes a punch.

The card onboard costs $33.35 ($29 plus 15% tip) & pre-purchasing it through Princess it's $31 (tip included) and there'll be a card in your cabin with instructions about how to get it.

If you want to pre-purchase the coffee card here's a link to that information & you can print an order form to fax or can call Princess directly.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

If you pre-purchase a coffee card make sure you get an email confirmation & take it on your cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It is good for ice cream in the soda shop. Banana splits for example. On Royal and Regal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No soda shop. But there is a place for ice cream which is free. You can get gelato with the coffee card at the international cafe. Banana splits can be had in the main dining room.

No soda shop. But there is a place for ice cream which is free. You can get gelato with the coffee card at the international cafe. Banana splits can be had in the main dining room.

Nina...unless things have recently changed you cannot use a coffee card punch to get gelato at the International Café & only on the Royal & Regal at Gelato's. My last time at the International Café it was $1.50 for 3 scoops of gelato but the regular price for ice cream treats at Gelato's is $2.75. Thus by using a coffee card punch for gelato at the IC you'd actually be losing money.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Nina...unless things have recently changed you cannot use a coffee card punch to get gelato at the International Café & only on the Royal & Regal at Gelato's. My last time at the International Café it was $1.50 for 3 scoops of gelato but the regular price for ice cream treats at Gelato's is $2.75. Thus by using a coffee card punch for gelato at the IC you'd actually be losing money.

Thanks Frank for the clarification!

In my humble opinion the Coffee Card is one of the best value for money items on a Princess cruise. I have found also that any unused punches can be used on your next cruise. Also I enjoy being able to get complimentary (no punch) hot chocoates with a huge amount of cream on top with the coffee card.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Soon-to-be first time Princess cruiser. If we don't buy a coffee card, how much should we expect to pay for a latte and do they offer more than one size on these types of coffee drinks?

Thanks!