Deck 8 on Summit

josie724

The life boats are on deck 5, not 7. The first photo was taken from Constellation stateroom 8056 during our Panama Canal crossing. The lifeboats aren't that much of a distraction.

The second photo shows the position of the lifeboats. Deck 8 is deck under the supports poles for the deck 9 overhang. If you look closely, you will see a couple standing at the railing on just to the left of the window washing mechanism. They are in room 8060, which is the same location as 8059, but on the other side of the ship.

Last%20Locks.JPG

Celebrity-Summit%20s.JPG

Edited by boogs

Great, thanks for the info. I was told the life boats were on deck 7....those pesky online ta's they don't know what they are talking about :p If you need to be in the know ya gotta come here ;)

I'll be on the Summit in August in cabin 6121. Do the lifeboats impact the view from that cabin? Thanks all!

Not sure. The lifeboats were all along the side but underneath my cabin the lifeboat was a double height one, so it was literally right below the balcony. Our cabin was 6079. There appeared to be two double height lifeboats right next to each other, so our cabin and maybe one or two there were impacted. I would imagine that the regular height lifeboats would not be so obstructive. They didn't really block the view so much as being an eyesore.

I was on Deck 6 and the lifeboat was just below my balcony. Very annoying. If I had known, I would have booked a cabin on Deck 8!

It really helps to look at deck plans prior to reserving a cabin! They really do provide lots of information. :)

Not sure. The lifeboats were all along the side but underneath my cabin the lifeboat was a double height one, so it was literally right below the balcony. Our cabin was 6079. There appeared to be two double height lifeboats right next to each other, so our cabin and maybe one or two there were impacted. I would imagine that the regular height lifeboats would not be so obstructive. They didn't really block the view so much as being an eyesore.

Actually, from looking at the photo above, it seems that several cabins are impacted - more like 9 or 10. You can see in the photo. Ours was just about in the middle, right over where one of the double tall lifeboats ended and the other started. Not sure if the cabin number you mentioned would be affected, but perhaps a look at the deck plan to see how far from 6079 would help determine this.

It really helps to look at deck plans prior to reserving a cabin! They really do provide lots of information. :)

Yes I realize that now! Actually had read a cabin review here on Cruise Critic which complained about this very issue with this very cabin but at that point it was too late to change! We needed a cabin that slept 4 close to my mom's handicapped cabin and by the time I had done my research and realized, there were no comparable alternatives!

In looking at the deck plan....you will not be over a lifeboat.

Thank you! :)

I did check and have checked the deck plans, but where do the lifeboats show up? It doesn't seem clear to me. I checked to see what was above and below the cabin.