What is the new future cruise certificate program?

niiaka

We have 2 upcoming cruises booked and we know we want to book on for February with our daughter and SIL. I suggested we do the future cruise certificate purchase while onboard 1 of our 2 upcoming cruises, but searching CC I am reading this program no longer exists??

Is there an incentive to deposit while onboard and if so how does the program work now?

As long as the ship you are on has a future cruise desk, then yes, there is an incentive. I believe it is an OBC of $50 for 6 days or less, $100 for 7-12 days, and $200 for 13+ days. You will also receive two vouchers for the same OBC for friends and/or family to book within 60 days of your booking.

If you do this, come prepared with what ship, date, cabin, and current cost. You can get the current cost either right before you leave or onboard using the Carnival computers.

We did this last year with our yearly cruise and got the $100 OBC to go along with our shareholder OBC.

Steve

We have 2 upcoming cruises booked and we know we want to book on for February with our daughter and SIL. I suggested we do the future cruise certificate purchase while onboard 1 of our 2 upcoming cruises, but searching CC I am reading this program no longer exists??

Is there an incentive to deposit while onboard and if so how does the program work now?

Unfortunately, they did away with FCCs a few years ago.

You can book your next cruise while on a current cruise. There is no discount, but you do receive OBC ($75 for 6 day & $100 of 7+ days) if you book onboard. You also receive 2 friends & family vouchers giving others the opportunity to receive the same OBC as long as they book the same cruise within 60 days. There is a higher OBC for 12 + days but I don't remember what it is.

Depending on the length of the cruise you book onboard you will receive $50-$200 OBC. Also 2 Friends and Family coupons that can be used by others who book the same cruise as you. I believe the coupons have to be used within 60 days of your booking.