Dumb Promo question

niiaka

I just booked NCL Getaway under the Kids sail free promotion. We have 200+ days before sailing and a lot of times fare rates are dropped. My question is this- should I even bother checking on price drops if we have booked under the KSF promo? My base fare is $899 for 1 and 2, and just taxes/port fees for 3+4. If the fare goes down considerably but the KSF ends- does this mean I would then pay for 3+4 to get the lower fare?

I just booked NCL Getaway under the Kids sail free promotion. We have 200+ days before sailing and a lot of times fare rates are dropped. My question is this- should I even bother checking on price drops if we have booked under the KSF promo? My base fare is $899 for 1 and 2, and just taxes/port fees for 3+4. If the fare goes down considerably but the KSF ends- does this mean I would then pay for 3+4 to get the lower fare?

With limited exception, when you discover a lower fare with NCL, you essentially cancel your existing reservation and re-book another one. When you cancel the existing, all the promotions in effect at the time are cancelled with it. The new booking will enjoy whatever promotions are applicable at the time of the new booking. In short, unless KSF is offered at the time of your new booking, you'll lose it if you cancel/rebook.

If the fare goes down enough, check. Actually, you can do a fake booking yourself to see. Sometimes, even without the promo the 3rd and 4th are very cheap.

Anything is possible.

But, as said above, if you go for a new rate, you can not take the promo from another rate with you.

In my experience it might be to your benefit to keep checking. Last year, after final payment was made we upgraded from an inside to an oceanview when rates dropped some. We had booked originally with the kids sail free promotion.