PVP Rant

cmjb4ever

So I want to check the availability and price for one of the scenic oceanviews (a 6K) that you can't book online. I e-mailed my PVP. I have never booked with her before, but she sends me e-mails all the time and calls me. She responds immediately and claims to not know me. She asks for my phone number so she can get my past guest number. I'm at work, so I want to do it over e-mail. I e-mail her back with our past guest numbers.

That was last Thursday. Now it's Tuesday. I've heard nothing from her. I e-mailed her yesterday just to follow up. Still no response. No out of office message either. I'm ready to just call a carnival rep, but I really wanted the advantage of using a PVP and having that contact that could help me.

Oh well...

Switch PVPs. It's easy to do. Our Excellent PVP retired and it took going through several before we got another we liked. He doesn't email us all the time, responds quickly when we email him, and works during the evening hours Central time so we can talk to him when we are at home together. Just call the 800 number, asked to be assigned a new PVP and tell them what is important to you.

You can book scenic oceanviews online--if they aren't showing up for a particular sailing (they'd be greyed out and unselectable) than they are sold out. I'm pretty sure that the only thing you can't book online is the Owner's suites on the Fantasy class ships.

You and my wife must have the same PVP. We were a guaranteed booking and he refused to return messages (we've used him before), so we booked with my PVP instead.

You can book scenic oceanviews online--if they aren't showing up for a particular sailing (they'd be greyed out and unselectable) than they are sold out. I'm pretty sure that the only thing you can't book online is the Owner's suites on the Fantasy class ships.

I thought only the 6Js could be booked online, but that the 6Ks were not online.... I'm really hoping what I want is still available, it's not until January 2016. I do see the 6Js online, so I can still grab that if the 6Ks are gone already.

I thought only the 6Js could be booked online, but that the 6Ks were not online.... I'm really hoping what I want is still available, it's not until January 2016. I do see the 6Js online, so I can still grab that if the 6Ks are gone already.

Strange. I'm pretty sure we could book them for the Freedom this Thanksgiving. I'd give a call to the 800# and they'll at least be able to tell you if they're available.

So I want to check the availability and price for one of the scenic oceanviews (a 6K) that you can't book online. I e-mailed my PVP. I have never booked with her before, but she sends me e-mails all the time and calls me. She responds immediately and claims to not know me. She asks for my phone number so she can get my past guest number. I'm at work, so I want to do it over e-mail. I e-mail her back with our past guest numbers.

That was last Thursday. Now it's Tuesday. I've heard nothing from her. I e-mailed her yesterday just to follow up. Still no response. No out of office message either. I'm ready to just call a carnival rep, but I really wanted the advantage of using a PVP and having that contact that could help me.

Oh well...

kick her to the side-- jsut call carnival and book it with whoever answers. especially because you are trying to get a very hard to get cabin.

booking with crnival-- you can call carnival and any one who answers the phone can help you

A couple months ago, I saw a 6J available online and then a couple weeks later, I saw a 6K pop up online for my cruise next week. It surprised me since, I didn't know these rooms existed! :eek: I immediately called Carnival and was able to book the 6K. If it's available, book it, or call ASAP...don't wait for a PVP.

Edited by HoneyBeeGood

I had the same experience with a PVP that never replied back to any of my e mails once booking was made.

Needless to say it was very frustrating, so I contacted Carnival and dumped that person asap and got assigned another one quickly who is phenomenal and replies to everything within minutes.

PVP's can be like night & day.

I booked my 6K, so excited! This cruise is for our 10th anniversary.

It took a bit to get the rep to understand what room I wanted, as well as the rate I wanted. She wanted to give me early saver since its so far out, but I wanted past guest so we can cancel if need be.

I booked my 6K, so excited! This cruise is for our 10th anniversary.

It took a bit to get the rep to understand what room I wanted, as well as the rate I wanted. She wanted to give me early saver since its so far out, but I wanted past guest so we can cancel if need be.

so which one did you get? the most impressive 9200???

Can someone tell me about these special rooms, 6J and 6K?

Thanks

Category 6J - Scenic Ocean View Stateroom: Scenic Ocean View Staterooms have a floor-to-ceiling window.

Category 6K - Scenic Grand Ocean View Stateroom: Scenic Grand Ocean View staterooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows.

Alot of times the 6Ks won't show as available on the Carnival website. Carnival's deck plans are still not updated for the Freedom, so maybe that is part of the problem with that ship at least. I did a mock booking on a TA website and saw the 6Ks. That's the only way I knew they were available. Using a PVP is not much of an advantage if you get treatment like that.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Can someone tell me about these special rooms, 6J and 6K?

Thanks

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/daijayx2/media/Valor_Feb11_002.jpg.html

hoW BOUT a picture instead

http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/keetoncorp/media/Valor%20Cruise%20-%20Feb%202012/DSC00423.jpg.html

Edited by serene56

I had a great PVP that I used for all my past cruises. In the past 6 months or so I've been receiving e-mails from a different PVP claiming to be my rep. I dug through all my old saved messages...found MY rep's e-mail, and got in touch with her. She stated that when new people are hired in...Carnival re-assigns accounts...basically taking accounts from the seasoned reps. She immediately put me back into her accounts and thanked me for remembering her. (She actually remembered my Mom specifically as she has booked a lot more cruises than I have.)

Just as an FYI for anyone that has had this happen...it's an easy fix if you still have the contact information for your prior rep.

Also...if you don't like your rep or they aren't responding in a timely manner...find a new one. Why deal with someone that you aren't receiving good service from? There are too many alternatives. I'd rather book online than have to wait a week to get a response from a PVP.

Thanks for posting the links to your pictures. New to Carnival, sailing 9/28/14. Had no idea this type of cabin was available. They are like suites.

Thanks for posting the links to your pictures. New to Carnival, sailing 9/28/14. Had no idea this type of cabin was available. They are like suites.

sometimes they cost more then the balcony. The room is awesome.

But youneed to close your shades before you leave for dinner.

When we came back in at night-- after settling down- turn out the lights turn off the tv and fell asleep by the moon light

Interested to know more about the scenic ocean view rooms. Do you feel a lot of motion at the very front of the ship? Also about closing the blinds at night, is this just when you need to have lights on in cabin? It looks like the 6K are more roomy, is this just because of the different layout of room or is it larger? The 6J appear to be less expensive than a balcony on most cruises. Wow what a nice alternative than just a picture window. Thanks for sharing this information!