Sailaway on a Secret Deck

cheewiee

Yup we are sailing out of Port of Miami, so I figure it would be pretty easy to enjoy leaving the channel, in the front of the boat, then heading up to Lido once we hit open waters...

This is what we do when we sail out of Miami . Go to the secret deck it is such a great view, then once we are out to sea we head down to the lido. Other ports we are usually on our balcony

Edited by hockeyluver

Have done this on the Glory a few times. Pulling out of Norfolk and pulling into and out of Nassau and Freeport. Usually not many people up there. Saw flying fish as we were leaving Freeport and also the pilot jumping from the ship to the pilot boat after we left.

How do you get to this secret spot on the Glory? Sailing next February and would like to check it out. Thanks.

They really aren't "secret" they are just less used because it's not obvious on how to get to them. You need to be on deck 6 or higher and just walk to the front of the ship. At the end of the cabins on either side there will be a door leading out to the decks under the bridge. Some ships have one over the bridge too but some of them have the gym over the bridge. You won't see the door until you get down to it and it is recessed and not in the "hallway". Hence why most people don't see it.

Oops.. now they are no longer secret.

Note this does not apply to the Fantasy class ships

This news is exciting. does the same apply to Norwegian ships, I would love to to experience this once. Does anyone have information on how this applies to the Norwegian Jewel. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone enjoy Sailaway on one of the "Secret Decks"? I normally enjoy it on the Lido, but I am thinking for my upcoming cruise, it might be fun to stand at the front of the ship...

Years ago, on the Fantasy class, we would make our way through the doors next to the show lounge stage out the front to a port to starboard deck that overlooked the bow.

Over the years, they made that area more restrictive, but we just ignored the crew only signs that seemed to appear little by little.

But we have found we prefer to be on an open fantail with the panoramic views on shops that have that.

How do you get to this secret spot on the Glory? Sailing next February and would like to check it out. Thanks.

I believe they are on the 6th, 7th and 10th deck. Just walk all of the way forward and when you get to the end of the hallway look toward the outside of the ship there is a door set back there that goes out to them. They are locked sometimes though. Great view anytime not just sail away or arrival.

I believe they are on the 6th, 7th and 10th deck. Just walk all of the way forward and when you get to the end of the hallway look toward the outside of the ship there is a door set back there that goes out to them. They are locked sometimes though. Great view anytime not just sail away or arrival.

Thanks! I will have to check this out. :)

We had a 4J cabin on deck 6 on our Freedom cruise this past January and believe it or not, we were the only two out on the "secret" deck for sail away from Fort Lauderdale! Sure was nice having such a huge "Balcony" to ourselves. ;)

This was our first time cruising without a balcony and I'd definitely book that type of cabin again if we got the chance.

This news is exciting. does the same apply to Norwegian ships, I would love to to experience this once. Does anyone have information on how this applies to the Norwegian Jewel. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe NCL Jewel class has a secret deck. Although, if you don't already know, all the way forward on deck 11 portside is the entrance to the bridge viewing area.

Nothing secret about it on Legend either. It gets pretty crowded actually

Interesting. Which deck(s) on Legend or Spirit class ships have the forward decks? I'll have to look for those on the Pride this September...I've thought the Spirt class ships did not have the forward public decks.