Galata Tower, Istanbul

I understand there is a lift that you go up to the 7th floor and then walk another two floors to the viewing deck. However, is there anywhere to look out from the 7th floor so that you don't climb the stairs. My friend uses a wheelchair.

I understand there is a lift that you go up to the 7th floor and then walk another two floors to the viewing deck. However, is there anywhere to look out from the 7th floor so that you don't climb the stairs. My friend uses a wheelchair.

I don't recall the exact details, but I found this on wikipedia.. "There is a restaurant and café on its upper floors which command a magnificent view of Istanbul and the Bosphorus. Also located on the upper floors is a night club which hosts a Turkish show. There are two operating elevators that carry visitors from the lower level to the upper levels."

By my recollection, you take the elevators up to the restaurant/club/cafe level. This might actually be 2 different levels, if I recall. And then you walk the additional levels up to the outdoor observation deck. So it would seem that your friend could ride the elevator up to the restaurant level and perhaps be permitted to view from there. But if the restaurant were not open during those hours, it might be a waste of time. They might also expect you to buy lunch (or something) in order to let you enjoy that view.

Edited by MeHeartCruising