Help in finding out how to do the carry on for our bottle water?

You can carry them on in the case, or in a standard roller bag. Unlike the airlines, you are not limited to the number of carry on items, just that the size of each needs to fit in the standard airport style X-Ray machine.

I might suggest that you bring on empty bottles like the joggers and hikers use, and fill them on-board. The drinking water on-board is purified and filtered. It is as good as most of the bottled water you can buy.

Edited by Miller_KC

:confused:Please help with good information on how we will be able to carry on our 12 bottles of water while Embarking on to the Fantasy? Thanks

You can carry them on any way that you want as long as they are unopened and will fit through the x-ray scan machine. Additionally, Carnival will not let you bring a large cooler onboard. You can however bring a cooler no larger than 12x12x12. Many people take collapsible coolers.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

I also pack my water in a rolling duffle bag and carry it on. At most ports, they have to 'check' it, to make sure it's really water, but it only takes a few minutes. The water on the ship tastes great to me, and I carry empty sports bottles for myself. However, my husband will only drink bottled water, so we always carry it.:D

My DH said he wasn't hauling a case of water. I brought 4 bottles in my carry on and bought insulated (Tervis style) cups before we left. We filled the cups with ice and water (or ice tea) as we wanted. I brought home 3 of the bottles of water! I wouldn't bother taking any with you.

:confused:Please help with good information on how we will be able to carry on our 12 bottles of water while Embarking on to the Fantasy? Thanks

Strap it on top of your rolling carry on, or just throw it on your shoulder.

My DH said he wasn't hauling a case of water. I brought 4 bottles in my carry on and bought insulated (Tervis style) cups before we left. We filled the cups with ice and water (or ice tea) as we wanted. I brought home 3 of the bottles of water! I wouldn't bother taking any with you.

I've brought minimal amount too, and wound up not using them. They are sold freely at the port docks, very cold, and only $1 a bottle. I think some vendors must freeze them to be so cold.

On our 1st few cruises we just put them in a roll on unit or backpack.

We now do it differently to lighten our load & start Vaca earlier!

We use Brita filtering bottles on board the ship and just fill them with water and ice.

We purchase just a small water package from Carnival (yes, it's overpriced---but it is what it is & $10 extra to not tote water is worth it!)

In ports, we do bring a throw out bottle or 2 for each of us & just buy more as needed.

I have taken a few bottle of water and soda in my backpack but now I just order a case through the Fun Shops to be delivered to my cabin.

I order a few bottles of liquor for the room, and buy the soda or mixers to go with it. Its much easier for me, especially when flying to not have to worry about stopping, and picking it up on the way. The cost is a lot higher than on land also.

Ok so when you bring the water\soda on board, where do you put it? Do you have them empty the minibar frig? I heard thats not very cool anyway. Is ice available for guests to pull from, like at a hotel?

On a past RC cruise, I got a bucket of beer the first day and still had one or two left and took it to the room. The steward kept filling the bucket with ice for me for days. Will they do that for soda? I wouldn't think they would be so accomodating for stuff brought on board...

If I buy a soda package from the ship, I assume its ust dropped off and left room temperature or will they automatically make room in the frig?

You know, they wouldn't have so many issues with people bringing this stuff on board if they just charged a reasonable price for a soda onboard.

just ask your room steward. He will keep it on ice for you if you ask. My sister brought a small cooler (she transports all her toiletries in it in her suitcase) we left that on the counter and our room steward kept ice in it all the time.

Edited by thomarvin

I have taken a few bottle of water and soda in my backpack but now I just order a case through the Fun Shops to be delivered to my cabin.

That is what we have done too, preordering from the Fun Shops. Worth it not to carry extra stuff with us.

We've packed it intact in the package inside a rolling carry on, sometimes strapped to the top of it and other times have separated the bottles to fit here and there in carry-ons. Found it easier to just leave them intact if room allows.

I've always brought a rolling carry on filled with bottled water and I have a collapsible cooler that folds down to nothing and weighs next to nothing for keeping it cold, the fridges might reach a "coolish" state but I like my drinks COLD......this has always worked great because then I have an empty suitcase going home to pack stuff I bought.

They also now have a really convenient water package from Bon Voyage shops, you can have it waiting when you come aboard.

Carole