Breakaway leaving NY question

Sponge4God

If you want to see it all, go to either deck 8 or 16 aft.

Port side you will see NYC, Empire State Building, Freedom Tower.

Starboard side you will see New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty.

Most beautiful sailaway either way.

50 minutes to an hour after leaving port you will be going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and leaving NY Harbor.

Enjoy!!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

The sailaway party is at Spice H20, which is aft upper deck. That was a great place to see everything. I'm sure they do this on every sailing, but port side had the NYFD water canon boat and the NYPD did a helicopter fly over all around the ship. It was a very fun sailaway!

Hi Breakaway Veterans! I posted this in my rollcall thread, but thought I might get better responses over here where the vets hang out. :D

We are taking our first trip to Bermuda and we cannot make up our minds about beach excursions. We'd like to spend one or two days at the beach while there. There are two excursions being offered:

Transfer to Horseshoe Bay Beach - $30 pp and Day at the Beach (Snorkle Park Beach) - $50 pp

The latter includes beach chair, umbrella, concierge service and snorkle/kayak/watersports equipment (we will not use these.)

Some friends are saying.. don't pay for the excursions. You can walk to the beach. A chair and umbrella is not worth $100.

Some friends are saying.. go to Horseshoe Bay Beach... it's less crowded, less kids and more relaxing.

Ugh... need some sage advice!!!:eek:

Hi Breakaway Veterans! I posted this in my rollcall thread, but thought I might get better responses over here where the vets hang out. :D

We are taking our first trip to Bermuda and we cannot make up our minds about beach excursions. We'd like to spend one or two days at the beach while there. There are two excursions being offered:

Transfer to Horseshoe Bay Beach - $30 pp and Day at the Beach (Snorkle Park Beach) - $50 pp

The latter includes beach chair, umbrella, concierge service and snorkle/kayak/watersports equipment (we will not use these.)

Some friends are saying.. don't pay for the excursions. You can walk to the beach. A chair and umbrella is not worth $100.

Some friends are saying.. go to Horseshoe Bay Beach... it's less crowded, less kids and more relaxing.

Ugh... need some sage advice!!!:eek:

We were there week of 7/6. We took bus to HorseShoe Bay, very easy direct bus right from the dockyard and easy to catch a bus back as well. I think it is around $4 one way. But we had 2 day transportation pass ($25 pp, 12.5 for kids). About 20 minute ride, got there around 9:10 am and it was pretty empty. We went on second day, I had heard first port day was way more crowded. Yes, you can walk to Snorkel Beach, right in dockyard.

photo.JPG.cd1394134f8384a6e394f8a84fb65328.JPG

That sounds much more reasonsable. I don't mind paying for something that has value to me. Not sure a ride to the beach one day is worth paying $60. LOL

Thanks for the advice. Any other Bermuda "must see" or "must do" advice??

We were there week of 7/6. We took bus to HorseShoe Bay, very easy direct bus right from the dockyard and easy to catch a bus back as well. I think it is around $4 one way. But we had 2 day transportation pass ($25 pp, 12.5 for kids). About 20 minute ride, got there around 9:10 am and it was pretty empty. We went on second day, I had heard first port day was way more crowded. Yes, you can walk to Snorkel Beach, right in dockyard.

That's what we did. If you set up right at the area of Horsehoe Beach, it can get crowded. However, move 100 yards to the left or right of the main beach, and it's much less crowded. We packed those collapsible half chairs and took those with us. Great day at one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.

The 2 day transportation pass is a "deal". It also included water taxi use.

Go to Horseshoe Bay Beach on the bus marked SPECIAL. It goes directly to the most beautiful beach you will ever see. You can rent umbrellas $11 + $5 deposit, same for chairs.

Spend a few hours there and when it starts getting crowded, return the stuff and walk all the way to the left to all the little coves and beaches. There is a trail up in the trees. Go to Warwick Long Bay Beach. It's a stunning walk with rock formations and beautiful water.

You can walk up the smaller hill at WBB and catch a bus back to the Dockyard.

Buy a two or three day transportation pass on the ship. They must be used on consecutive days. Go the second and third day in Bermuda. $25 or $35. Good for all buses and ferries.

Have fun!!!!! We were just there last week. It's amazing.

Take the fast ferry to St. George the first day.

~Robin

Go to Horseshoe Bay Beach on the bus marked SPECIAL. It goes directly to the most beautiful beach you will ever see. You can rent umbrellas $11 + $5 deposit, same for chairs.

Spend a few hours there and when it starts getting crowded, return the stuff and walk all the way to the left to all the little coves and beaches. There is a trail up in the trees. Go to Warwick Long Bay Beach. It's a stunning walk with rock formations and beautiful water.

You can walk up the smaller hill at WBB and catch a bus back to the Dockyard.

Buy a two or three day transportation pass on the ship. They must be used on consecutive days. Go the second and third day in Bermuda. $25 or $35. Good for all buses and ferries.

Have fun!!!!! We were just there last week. It's amazing.

Take the fast ferry to St. George the first day.

~Robin

Thanks Robin!! This is just what I was looking for. :-) I figured the Ferry would take us to St. George. Just wanted to hear that from someone that knew. Everyone have a great day.. and HAPPY CRUISIN'!!!