Balcony on deck 11, or aft extended balcony on deck 7?

Irishgrl68

Going on Carnival Breeze in August, traveling with my 2 sons 14 and 11, we are currently in a balcony on deck 11, I just saw there is an aft extended balcony on deck 7 for only $20 more, wondering if I should switch to have the larger balcony for all 3 of us, I think we will use the balcony quite a bit and the regular ones look kind of small. This is our first cruise, so looking for some experienced opinions please :)

You probably won't be spending as much time as you think on the balcony. Especially your boys. Just say in'.

The regular Balcony's are small. Barely enough room for 2, and only 2 chairs.

Oh my, that's a great deal. I love, love, love the aft balconies. However, just know you won't have much shade. So, if you are a sun lover, go for it. The 'regular' balconies are pretty small, and having more space is always a plus. Regardless of what you choose, have a fantastic cruise.:D

I'd do the aft just to experience it but remember the promenade deck is on deck 5, so view is not straight down into the sea. I was just on a Lido deck balcony one floor below your original cabin and I loved it! Was tight for 3 of us to be out there at one time but we made it work. Loved the Breeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure we won't be out there all day, but we plan to have breakfast out there in the morning, and I'm sure we would use it a little at night too. My boys are stars and moon obsessed, we often go for "moon walks" at night in our neighborhood just to check out the night sky. My two concerns with moving to the aft on deck 7, is the increased chance of motion sickness being at the back of the ship, and the lower deck, being further away from the pool and water works where I know they will be spending a lot of time.

We love the aft balconies, bigger and the views all around are great. They do get hotter than the side ones, we were on sunshine last and the waterworks was right above the aft end, no problem with that, just noteing that it was easy to get to.

I have not see dolphins in the back, doesn't mean they are not there, just that I haven't seen them. I've seen a few near the bow and swimming along side. I've only seen them on about 1 out of 4 cruises and then mostly out of Tampa so don't get expectations too high.

You can usually see flying fish especially if you are near the bow. At first they look like sparrows flying low to the water away from the ship, then they dive in. They look small from the ship but they are usually 1 to 3 feet long.

I'm sure we won't be out there all day, but we plan to have breakfast out there in the morning, and I'm sure we would use it a little at night too. My boys are stars and moon obsessed, we often go for "moon walks" at night in our neighborhood just to check out the night sky. My two concerns with moving to the aft on deck 7, is the increased chance of motion sickness being at the back of the ship, and the lower deck, being further away from the pool and water works where I know they will be spending a lot of time.

be aware the table is a small parsons type table-- not one you can sit around and have a meal. Room service is also something that you will not be getting bacon and eggs delivered-- more like continental breakfast

a first cruiser is hardly ever in the cabins-- and the teens even more so.

Aft balconies are extremely warm- there is no ocean breezes back there.

I love deck 7- i love the aft part of the ship- up two decks for food down two decks for entertainmenet

I love the sun, so that would work for me. This just in from the 11 year old "Which of these two cabins am I more likely to see dolphins?" I don't know the answer to that one.

In 23 cruises we have never seen a dolphin. but like posted - doesnt mean they are not out there-- I just never seen one.

for night time-- turn the lights off in the cabin, close the curtains and hope your neighbor turns off the balcony light-- the night skies are fabulous

PS= make sure those kids go to the first meet and greet the first night

be aware the table is a small parsons type table-- not one you can sit around and have a meal. Room service is also something that you will not be getting bacon and eggs delivered-- more like continental breakfast

a first cruiser is hardly ever in the cabins-- and the teens even more so.

Aft balconies are extremely warm- there is no ocean breezes back there.

I love deck 7- i love the aft part of the ship- up two decks for food down two decks for entertainmenet

I had heard about the room service menu from another post on this board a while ago, and know we will only get continental breakfast/coffee/juice, for the balcony breakfast. At home we call that "first breakfast", these boys of mine will surley want to hit up a "second" breakfast after that. I really need a second job to keep up with feeding them.

I am going to stick with our original cabin on deck 11, I think we will be more than happy there :) Thanks for your reply!

In 23 cruises we have never seen a dolphin. but like posted - doesnt mean they are not out there-- I just never seen one.

for night time-- turn the lights off in the cabin, close the curtains and hope your neighbor turns off the balcony light-- the night skies are fabulous

PS= make sure those kids go to the first meet and greet the first night

I told him we wasn't likely going to see any dolphins from the boat, I think once we are there he is going to be so pre-occupied with everything else that is going on he won't even remember to look for dolphins.

Thanks for the tip about turning out the lights, we will make sure to do that. It may just be me out there looking at stars, with all there is for these kids to do onboard, I think I will be spending a lot of time by myself, but as long as everyone is having fun, that's all that matters.

They are planning to do the first meet and greets because they will be in seperate clubs due to their ages, and the lady I booked the cruise with really stressed how important it was for them to attend that first night so they can make friends their own ages. The 11 year old will know everyone on the ship by lunchtime day 2, the 14 year old will likely find 1 or 2 friends the first day and stick with them the entire week. I know they are going to have such a great time!

I had heard about the room service menu from another post on this board a while ago, and know we will only get continental breakfast/coffee/juice, for the balcony breakfast. At home we call that "first breakfast", these boys of mine will surley want to hit up a "second" breakfast after that. I really need a second job to keep up with feeding them.

I am going to stick with our original cabin on deck 11, I think we will be more than happy there :) Thanks for your reply!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService.htm

leave some dollar bills in the drawer-- in case the kids want to order something. Especially at night- But the pizza place and ice cream is available to them 24 hours.

Let them know too that they can order from the kids menu at dinner-- they have an awesome banana split for dessert

after about 9:30pm that will be thier only option

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService.htm

leave some dollar bills in the drawer-- in case the kids want to order something. Especially at night- But the pizza place and ice cream is available to them 24 hours.

Let them know too that they can order from the kids menu at dinner-- they have an awesome banana split for dessert

after about 9:30pm that will be thier only option

Thanks for attaching the menu, and I will be sure to leave some bills in the room for them to use for tips if I'm not there. My 14 year old told me last night that he was going to order salmon or fish every night for dinner, the 11 year old could live on chicken fingers forever, and he would love the banana split!! Keep the great tips coming, I'm taking notes :)

My first cruise with my three sons was back in 2000. Since it was our first vacation. And our first cruise I told them at dinner that we will try new foods. So at each dinner we ordered for the table one soup. One appitizer and one dessert to share with us all

Cruise food portions are very small. So basically we each got a bite of food to try on top of what we ordered. Even tried soups. There were foods we liked. Foods we loved and some just didn't taste good. But mostly we would never ordered because they sounded weird. Like strawberry soup. Which is served cold. Yummm

And there is a fig cinnamon type if dessert that sounded dreadfully gross but it was soooo very good.

Order multiple desserts for the table and taste each one.

It gives the kids a chance to broaden their pallets. Tell your seafood person about the libster night

Edited by serene56