Charleston

velmasue

We are going out of Charleston in August on the Fantasy and plan to stay the night before. We are going to park at the port. My husband has COPD and handicap placard and I have read free parking for handicap. We may try to get there early enough to take a carriage ride downtown---not sure yet.

I saw this on Trip Advisor and was wondering if anyone had stayed at the Econo Lodge, North Charleston, near the airport?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54370-d103403-Reviews-or10-Econo_Lodge_North_Charleston-North_Charleston_South_Carolina.html#REVIEWS

Thanks for any information.

Edited by velmasue

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to mention---we have some Choice Hotel points that we could use to book the room. I know it is bare bones, but the reviews seem pretty positive.

That motel is about a 20 minute drive to the port if there's no traffic. I haven't stayed there since I live in Charleston. However if you're only spending one night and don't want to be downtown until the day of your cruise, this may suit your purpose. There are several restaurants near by in the Tanger Outlet area.