Booking while onboard

jonsmum

We have seen a cruise that we rather like for Oct 2015. There are currently no promotional offers related to it. Can anyone tell me if there would be any advantage in waiting to book until we are on our next cruise in Sept this year? Are there any discounts offered for booking whilst onboard? Thanks.

There can be advantages, like suite upgrade, 123 go, OBC, smaller deposit etc by booking on board. We did so back in February for our 2015 cruise and since then the cruise price has increased $600 PP. Additional advantage as if something comes up in the interim, you can cancell before final payment date (December for us) and move deposit onto another cruise. Others may be able to offer a greater insight re pro's and con's but so far it has worked for us.

We booked for Silhouette for next July whilst on Reflection last week.

Deposit was £150 per person. We booked a C3 Concierge and got upgraded to a C2 Concierge because of Captains Club membership.. We also got free gratuities and Classic drinks package and for booking on board for a 12 day cruise we also received $300 OBC.

The prices on the website are already going up. I hope this is helpful.

As Barney has just said there are some good deals when booking on board. We booked a 7 night Equinox for next year. We came back off the Eclipse yesterday.

We got $250 on the cruise (that we were on) added to our stateroom acc.

2 choices from - Classic Drinks Package, OBC or Gratuities.

We went for Classic Drinks and OBC ($300 for the cruise we were booking)

We had the choice of moving from an A2 to an A1 stateroom but we picked the same stateroom again as we liked its location.

The price was the same as booking it on the website and the deposit was only £148 for the both of us.

We also booked a 7 day cruise, 2015 leaving from Civitevecchia. While onboard, we received $450 OBC, paid gratuities and an upgrade from C3 to C2 on the hump. Our TA also gave us $225. The beverage package doesn't work for us. Needless to say, we were very pleased. We like to combine land options with a cruise if we can. Even though we have been to two of the ports, there is always so much to see. My recommendation would be to talk to them on board and see what is being offered. Aqua was hundreds of dollars more($600) than what we paid. My DH just likes very simple things so for us it didn't pay. Our deposit was $200 total!

Edited by Lastdance

Just be careful to book a deposit on the actual cruise...or any actual cruise. Do not buy the Open Passages deposit that you can then apply to any cruise; that deposit is non-refundable. It is good forever but still. If you put a deposit down on the cruise you think you want...even if you change your mind a thousand times....that reservation number can be changed to another cruise or you can always get your deposit back at any time. Also be careful as to what travel agent the future booking is issued to. I personally prefer to say that is to be decided later so that I have time when I get home to shop around for what travel agent will give me the best deal. If you do not tell them you want the agency left open often they will automatically write it up with the travel agent who booked the cruise you are sailing on while you do the future booking.