Camp carnival - changing age groups

TxChick

My daughter is 8 and my nephew is 12. Anyway we can keep them together in the 9-11 year olds? My nephew is slow and functions better with younger ages but he's big , 5ft, 160lbs. I know it would be odd for him in the 5-8 group even though he would fit in socially.

My daughter is 8 and my nephew is 12. Anyway we can keep them together in the 9-11 year olds? My nephew is slow and functions better with younger ages but he's big , 5ft, 160lbs. I know it would be odd for him in the 5-8 group even though he would fit in socially.

They MIGHT let the 12yo go down (Contact Special Needs beforehand) but they won't let the 8yo go up. The 8yo needs to be signed in and out by an adult. The older clubs allow the kids to check themselves in and out.

They MIGHT let the 12yo go down (Contact Special Needs beforehand) but they won't let the 8yo go up. The 8yo needs to be signed in and out by an adult. The older clubs allow the kids to check themselves in and out.

I agree--- it is easier for the 12 year old to move down-- but the 6-8 group might be rather boring for him.

The 9-11 group venture out on the ship --in groups-- they can sign thenselves in and out., Your 8 year old can not do that.

the 6-8 is in a camp room-- they will always be in the room. a parent needs to sign them in and out.

I would see about getting the 12 year old in the 9-11 prorgam for the fact that the 12-14 do not really participate in any group programs as they are too cool for that stuff. and they tend to hang out together instead.

go to the first meeting the first night and talk to the counselors- do not make your mind up about this before you get on the ship. Go-- see what its like and make a decision based on what you find

camps are not opened the first night anyway only for this meeting

Edited by serene56

By the way, if you don't want the 12 year old to be allowed to sign himself out (assuming he goes with the 9-11 year old group) you can require that an adult sign him in and out. Others made it sound as if all 9-11 yr olds have sign out privileges. Best of luck and have a great trip!

As SadieN said, they might allow the 12 year old to go down and most likely won't allow the 8 year old to go up. However, these situations are 100% up to the discretion of the counselors and/or the director.

As it looks, you are sailing sometime this month on the Carnival Triumph. You can reach out to the Director of Youth Activities and see if they may be able to make an accommodation. If they can make one, expect for the 8 year old to be prohibited from signing herself out. As always, there are no guarantees, but it never hurts to ask as your mileage may vary.

You can email ticlubo2@carnival.com with a request to see if an accommodation can be made. That email address will go to the Director of Youth Activities onboard the Triumph who is part of their leadership team who runs Camp Carnival, Circle C and Club O2.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I think we decided to not bring my nephew. We were upgraded to a suite on Thursday and were trying to bring him but there are just too many logistics to work out before we leave on the 24th. I had thought the next age group was 9-12 so I was going to bump my daughter up since she is almost 9 (they've done it before when she's on the cusp) and she could help him along. I just think the other 12-14 year olds would eat him alive. His parents haven't even got a birth certificate for me yet so as much as I hate not bringing him its just not working out like I hoped.