Quiet, relaxing place on the Golden Princess

jasbo49

We've just booked a 4-day getaway on the Golden Princess to San Diego and Ensenada. While we're looking forward to trying Princess again, I think we're going to miss one thing on Carnival: the free Senenity area. I realize Princess has the Santuary, but $30 a day is a bit rich for our tastes (we don't even do the extra-charge restaurants on cruises).

Are there places on the Golden that are quiet and relaxing without the surcharge? I saw somewhere there were adults only pools, but haven't seen where. Thanks in advance.

Jim

There is a small adults only pool on the aft of the Aloha Deck. It is generally a fairly quiet area with a bar and Horizon Court nearby for snacks and drinks. I think you would find it the relaxing place you are seeking!

The pool that is near the sanctuary is also adults only (I think as I've never seen any kids there). This is the only pool we have used.

It has a lap machine so you can swim against the current and 2 hot tubs. There are approx. 10 loungers (nice ones) and a small "stadium" seating area. Rarely see more than 5 or 6 people at a time. It is very pleasant.

There is a small adults only pool on the aft of the Aloha Deck. It is generally a fairly quiet area with a bar and Horizon Court nearby for snacks and drinks. I think you would find it the relaxing place you are seeking!

Lounges near the pool are all in the sun. No shade.

Check deck 15 for the Lotus Spa area. I think there is an adult pool there.

Edited by dorisis

Here is a photo:

800px-Aft_pool_golden_princess.jpg

On our 2012/13 cruise on the Golden, our cabin was an inside aft on the Golden...just steps away from that back door. It was a good place to go to see port approaches (if we were up that early, that is:o) and just a stairway away from the back door of the Horizon Court. Anytime we were there, it seemed pretty quiet.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like some good suggestions. I appreciate Jackie's hint too about Skywalkers for indoor quiet space. I often wake up a couple hours before my wife and like to grab coffee at the buffet and find a spot to read. Skywalkers sounds like a winner.

Jim