Getaway- July 12-19 Good and Bad Review

JP4GA

thanks for the detailed review! I will be on the same sailing in 2015 - wondering if there were a ton of kids or a normal amount? Sailing from NY in the summer has a ton of kids, but wondering if the sailings from FL see the same amount of kids onboard (there are so many more options from FL). I'll have a 16 and 9 year old onboard.

thanks for the detailed review! I will be on the same sailing in 2015 - wondering if there were a ton of kids or a normal amount? Sailing from NY in the summer has a ton of kids, but wondering if the sailings from FL see the same amount of kids onboard (there are so many more options from FL). I'll have a 16 and 9 year old onboard.

There were TONS of kids. We actually received a letter from NCL about 3 weeks prior letting us know that the ship had a large amount of children on board and to expect longer wait times when picking up or dropping kids off at Splash Academy.

I will say overall that the kids were well behaved. On some other ships we had issues with the Pre-teens running wild. Security actually does enforce the curfew. It irritated my son because he was asked several times for ID because he was out after curfew... he is 18 so curfew did not apply. He said security was always nice and apologized for carding him.

We have a mid ship balcony on the Getaway for Aug 9th, can you tell me how many power outlets are in the room? I read only 2 and read of a recommendation to bring a power bar.

We will have a couple cameras, 2 cell phones and 2 tablets to get charged.

Always bring a power strip. Always.

We have a mid ship balcony on the Getaway for Aug 9th, can you tell me how many power outlets are in the room? I read only 2 and read of a recommendation to bring a power bar.

We will have a couple cameras, 2 cell phones and 2 tablets to get charged.

If they are all USB devices, you can bring a multi-USB port instead of a power strip, and it's much less bulky. (Or bring one in addition to a power strip, if you want.) We had 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, 1 kindle, 1 camera, and 2 fitbit devices all plugged into a single outlet and all charging at the same time. That still left one of the 2 outlets in the room free.

Edited by LrgPizza

If they are all USB devices, you can bring a multi-USB port instead of a power strip, and it's much less bulky. (Or bring one in addition to a power strip, if you want.) We had 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, 1 kindle, 1 camera, and 2 fitbit devices all plugged into a single outlet and all charging at the same time. That still left one of the 2 outlets in the room free.

This is exactly what we did... DH brought his computer and we charged our phones, IPad, Ipods etc using the USB ports. I also had a small power strip but we ended up not using it.

We found the storage space to be ample in our rooms.

Suitcases fit easily under the bed.

The bathroom had about 6 shelfs that we were able to put all of our personal hygiene items on. The shelves had a lip so things did not fall off of them.

The closet had 15 or more hangers, and 5 shelves for putting clothing. There is a combination safe in the closet. The one room 11112 did not work, it needed a new battery.

The counter top area also had two cabinets. One was very narrow (about as wide as a shoe) but long. So you could store smaller items there.

Here is the funny thing.... room 11110 had a second cabinet that was very deep. I was able to put all of my shorts, tops, and pants in there neatly and pull them out easily. However, our connecting room 11112 this second cabinet was less than half the size. I never could figure out why there was a difference.

The stool that you sit on to use the mirror also opens up and you can store a few things in there.... HOWEVER I was dismayed on our last night when we were packing to find SHEETS for the next guest had been placed in this area. I am sure if we had stuff in there this would not have happened, but it was empty so they went ahead and stocked it up the night before. When I checked our second room we found the same thing. Both stools were empty the entire cruise. I know because my DD kept hiding things in them. This stuff was placed in the stools on the last night while we were at dinner. In my opinion this is not a good practice since current guest could have contact with them.