SOAS Obsession!

SoCalKJ

Okay, so what began as simple fun has now turned into a complete obsession...LOL! We may have gotten carried away...but it's our thing, ya know...

I just counted 24 Ships on a Stick in my house! This total doesn't include 2 that I gave away as gifts to friends about to set sail on said ship trophies were named after.

Anyone else wanna reveal a total...or...current running accumulation? LOL! There will be no judgment allowed!!

Do I need help? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so what began as simple fun has now turned into a complete obsession...LOL! We may have gotten carried away...but it's our thing, ya know...

I just counted 24 Ships on a Stick in my house! This total doesn't include 2 that I gave away as gifts to friends about to set sail on said ship trophies were named after.

Anyone else wanna reveal a total...or...current running accumulation? LOL! There will be no judgment allowed!!

We have 13, one from each of our 13 Carnival cruises.

I admit that I am obsessed at winning the coveted 24 carat gold plastic ship on a stick. But as soon as I do win the one, I'm done. I don't need more than that, plus I want to give others the opportunity to bring home the cherished prize.

I admit that I am obsessed at winning the coveted 24 carat gold plastic ship on a stick. But as soon as I do win the one, I'm done. I don't need more than that, plus I want to give others the opportunity to bring home the cherished prize.

It is so nice that you do that. On our last cruise there were a couple of male cruisers who were at EVERY trivia and they won every time. I would see them leaving trivia areas with three or four in hand. I only wanted to win one. Definitely put a bad taste in my mouth for trivia. Fortunately, my son earned 5 medals in camp and was awarded a SOAS. So we did end up with one. We are cruising again in February and I have no intention of playing any trivia.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I like to win one on each cruise. But if i have one already will give it to someone who needs a bit of cheer.

I got one this trip but it was a gift from a fellow cruiser.. I did try for one during tons of trivia and even scavenger hunt! lol.. I was on a mission dangit!! i did also end up with 2 "atta kid" medals that I earned like a big girl.. :)

Not all of ours were from trivia...I got one last week delivered to my room with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries...after I sliced up the bottom of my foot in the Phantom Theater....which led to a few visits to medical. I think it was JH's way to wish me a speedy recovery! 8-0

We have won one on two of our cruises. We won one on the Breeze for some kind of trivia (I think it was music related), and then we won one on the Liberty for Country Music trivia. I don't think we did any trivia on our first cruise on the Pride. Now we say we would like to win one on each ship we sail. :)

10 here.

4 here, so I'm happy. I do have 2 from Legend, and one each from Fantasy and Paradise, ships that I sail often.

They are proudly displayed along with an embarking photo. I am so ready for another cruise, but since I just got off of the Legend yesterday, I will wait a bit. Maybe exactly 51 days until my next. Hope to do the Pride out of Tampa in December, but I don't know yet if thats do-able.

Plus they don't change the questions that often. This gives those that have cruised before an advantage as they already know the answer.

That is very true. Have seen some people on a second week of a back to back come with the answers from the previous week.

My sister and I saw one at a yard sale in Oklahoma last weekend. I thought I might fist fight her when she grabbed it first.:p She bought it for 25 cents. I would have given them a dollar for it. Their loss. lol We both have 2 now.

Edited by lgbteacher

John Heald will send one to your cabin. All you have to do is ask.

He was our CD last week on the Miracle. I would've preferred OBC for my injury. :rolleyes: :o

However, had he delivered it himself, I might've been more excited...LOL! :D

How did you slice up your foot? Glad you have a sense of humor about it :)

Was trying to get the entertainment host's attention (as per their "do something wild and crazy to get our attention so we call you up" instructions) during the First Night of Game Show Mania in the Miracle's Phantom Lounge/Theater...IRONICALLY ENOUGH, I took my flip-flops off so I wouldn't slip while getting their attention...that backfired. :rolleyes:

Sucky part: booked cruise 15 months out...like, as soon as the dates were released...injury happened, like....a few hours AFTER we set sail! :mad:

I tried not to let it ruin our week, but it's a long walk when you're in the Junior Suite at the tail end of the Aft and all the other activities you enjoy are on the Fwd end. I just didn't get to work out (which I enjoy doing often on cruises...to justify my calorie intake..LOL!), swim, get in the hot-tub, walk comfortably...the things I enjoy when on a cruise. (This injury was literally on THE BOTTOM of my foot...a big gash of skin hanging that the RN didn't want to remove...rather keep it on and dry to allow skin to grow underneath. Gross, I know...sorry!)

The Spirit class has that separate hot tub in the gym that I really wanted to enjoy throughout the week...NOPE. The Serenity deck has it's own pool separate from the common Lido area pools...nope. I'm used to the Fantasy class which has the bare minimum offerings...the Miracle (even with it's mechanical issues) was a special treat...especially since it seemed like it was half full all week long. Nope.

Anyway, it could've been worse, this I know. :o But, as I said, I got a trophy I neither asked for or competed for...with ANOTHER plate of chocolate-covered strawberries (separate from the gratuitous "thanks for blowing a huge wad of cash in Mr. Lucky's!!" plate or the bonus perk plate from the Behind The Fun tour offering...BTW...at least I was able to hobble around the BTF tour since I had 5 days to grow new skin :rolleyes:).

I'm not immune to life happening...I just wish I had prior notice...LOL!