SOAS Obsession!

SoCalKJ

We (myself and DD 12 years old) are usually pretty good at trivia, but we always wound up tied for first or a close second. When it came to tie breakers we always lost, about 8 different times. It seemed we would never break through and get the Gold.

When we won the Destiny, we were tied with two older women which had already won two SOAS. We went through four tie breaks and we were still tied. One woman mentioned that we were doing pretty good because nobody had taken them past one tie breaker. She said we surrender congratulations! DD's face exploded in one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen. She proudly displays all of the SOAS on a trophy rack in her bedroom. Next to her numerous Marathon Race Trophies.

Carnival should use it in an ad, because it is one of my favorite cruise memories!

• 3 years later...

I have one for each ship I have been on. Last cruise I won 2, one for trivia and one for beer pong. I love to play trivia and all I really want to do is beat my sister. We are 46 and 53 respectively but we are a little competitive, my wife calls it pathetic.