Miami port - dropping off rental car?

Jay Sam

Am considering taking Breeze on a solo in early September. I live in Florida so am thinking about renting a car and driving in the day of the cruise. Please let me know if many of the car companies have facilities near the port of Miami, and the cost and accessability of getting from the car drop off location to the port. Many thanks.

I use Hertz, and do a one-way rental from MCO, and drop off the vehicle at their Downtown Miami location on 2nd Street, which is 5 minutes from the port. They have a free shuttle that runs continuously to and from the port. I don't think I paid more than $75.00 total (one day rental) for a full-size car or standard/compact SUV for the rental, but the reservation is usually made 6 months out or more, or with a coupon code that I believe I found on here, probably on the Florida departures board. Hope everything works out. Enjoy the cruise.

Edited by sjcruiser

I use Hertz, and do a one-way rental from MCO, and drop off the vehicle at their Downtown Miami location on 2nd Street, which is 5 minutes from the port. They have a free shuttle that runs continuously to and from the port. I don't think I paid more than $75.00 total (one day rental) for a full-size car or standard/compact SUV for the rental, but the reservation is usually made 6 months out or more, or with a coupon code that I believe I found on here, probably on the Florida departures board. Hope everything works out. Enjoy the cruise.

Thanks, I appreciate all the information.

Can you tell me is it hard to find 2 nd st and is it a safe area also do you know any hotels that have free parking that is nice and safe

There are no hotels in downtown Miami that provide free parking during your cruise. Some hotels that are located near Miami International Airport have packages where you can leave your vehicle at their location during your cruise. Some even provide shuttle service for an assigned fee.

Can you tell me is it hard to find 2 nd st and is it a safe area also do you know any hotels that have free parking that is nice and safe

When I've stayed in Miami, I usually fly into MIA and stay near the airport. Since I have family in Orlando, I fly into MCO, visit the family for a few days, and then drive down to Miami. As noted above, going over the previous posts on here, there's little to no options for hotels that include parking in the immediate Downtown area.

Are there also taxi's available if the wait for the shuttle to the pier is too long a wait?