Attn Dancers

reactor7

Looking for a good ship for dancing. We love to dance but hear that a lot of the lounges that offer dancing are really small and quickly get crowded. Thinking about sailing Radisson and I would appreciate any advice you might have whether this would be a good choice for us.

Dougburns, who is a frequent poster, loves to dance and raves about the dancing on the RSSC ships. I have never seen a crowded dance floor in all of my sailing. They have dancing before and after dinner, and after the show.

The dance floors are fairly small, but are rarely crowded. My wife and I were often the only dancers on the floor and very rarely had to limit our steps because of crowding. Danced every evening of our cruise and enjoyed it emensely

Galaxy 1999
Galaxy 2000
Mercury 2003
Mariner 2003

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]Lynn and I dance 3-4 hours/day when we're aboard ship. Voyager has a fairly small dance floor in the Voyager Lounge and there is dancing to a duo(usually very good varied music) before dinner for an hour and then again after dinner from 2100-there are no more people who want to dance. There is also dancing in the Horizon Lounge before and after dinner(much larger dance floor). When we were aboard they had Perry Grant back there(a very good one man band). The music there is mostly for older folks(we fit the bill- waltz, tango, cha cha, swing, foxtrot, etc). Mariner has dancing in the Horizon Lounge same hours, but with a duo or a band. They also have disco in the Stars Lounge, but it's rarely used. On both Voyager and Mariner you can get @ 1/2 hour of dancing in the Constellation Theater before the show. On these two ships the dance floors are rarely crowded(only after the show lets out @ 2245). Aboard Diamond the best dancing is in The Club starting at 2130 until(usually 0100). Great music for dancing! You can also get some dancing in the Windows Lounge before dinner and before the show to the ship's band and they have the band in the main dining room for dancing at dinner at least once each cruise. The PG is really shy on dancing. Shame, because they have the best dance band in Siglo. Haven't been on Navigator, but I imagine it's more like Voyager and Mariner. If you run into Dieter and Ilse(have been on the Mariner for a long time) they're great dance instructors. They have classes every afternoon at sea and they really make it fun, as well as instructional. You won't have the glitzy bands that they have on the crowd killer ships, but the dancing aboard RSSC ships is very good.

Nothing wrong with the dancing on Raddison. The dance floors are a bit small -- actually, if they would just get rid of those chairs on the floor in the Horizon Lounge (We went on Voyager)it would be a very adequate floor.

But, if you like to dance, look into Crystal. Excellent dance floors in both the Palm Court and the night club (2100 or Starlite depending on the ship) where there is a 6 piece band playing from 9:30pm until 1:00am. Also, they have a couple of opportunities to dance on the theater stage with the full orchestra. There is also dancing 45 minutes before each dinner seating. The sextet plays primarily ballroom music of great variety. Almost always a tango in every set, and you won't get that on most lines.

On sea days, there is always a dance class presented by professional dance instructors. Hope this helps. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi,
I agree that the dancing on all the Radisson ships is wonderful. We never felt crowded and if you do go on the Mariner, Deiter & Ilse are excellent and fun dance instructors.
Try it, you'll like it.
Joanne

We have been twice on the Mariner. When we were on Stars always had dancing going on. We closed it with a group of people several nights as late at 2-3 AM. Lots of Variety and plenty of room too.

Kathy
6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda
9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada
5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal
6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural
5/02-Millennium - Carribbean
12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean
1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade

Archived