On the Star right now! Hallways plugged with carts.

masterty

There are people with walkers wheelchairs and canes that have enough trouble walking on a moving rocking ship as it is. All they are doing is trying to enjoy their later years after a lifetime of hard work or a lifetime of hard work. They don't need these unnecessary barricades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Being on a rocking moving ship is only to be expected. This cruising after all. There are so many more issues than this more serious than this? How about hunger in the world, wars, etc... and yet people (very few mind you) complain about absolutely everything. Just be happy to be able to cruise, but, of course, that's not happening.

On my last cruise, my cabin steward was excellent, always working. I asked him how many cabins does he take care of & he said 15 cabins. I always try to help the cabin steward by putting the room sign out to let him or her know that I am out of the cabin.

I too have noticed, as the years I have been cruising pass, that there do seem to be carts in the hallways for longer periods during the day. I put it down to, like any other business these days, more work to be done by less bodies.

Thanks to the hints I pick up from this board I really make use of the room sign (do not disturb - or - please make up room. - to save my steward time.

Cruise Rader,

The time I moved it, I actually saw the person put it in the hall. This happened twice. I know that people putting out trays in the hall, not only are thoughtless, but they can and do put it near someone else's door. I had a near miss with this once, so I really get annoyed when I see someone do this. Another time I knocked on a door. Told the people they forgot something, and told them to bring it back inside.

Glad it wasn't actually you. We were quite perturbed by having someone else's dirty dishes right in our alcove in front of our door. Probably happened to be the people that consumed the food....as you said, just thoughtless. Why in front of our door, we wondered? Don't even know who was doing it ... figured we must have tee'd them off sometime during the cruise....:confused:

Oh well...thanks for clarifying.