Any Time Dining Question

deansara

We have requested ATD, although we are on the waitlist so I don't know for sure that is what we will be assigned. I have heard a lot of people that enjoyed having the same waitstaff for the week and getting to know them. With ATD, is it possible to request the same area and waitstaff each evening?

We have requested ATD, although we are on the waitlist so I don't know for sure that is what we will be assigned. I have heard a lot of people that enjoyed having the same waitstaff for the week and getting to know them. With ATD, is it possible to request the same area and waitstaff each evening?

Yes, but you may have to wait for a table.

I have ATD also, and was wondering the same thing!

Yes you can, it depends on the time you arrive and if you are wiling to wait for a table.

My husband and I always want a table for 2 and usually do request our waitstaff if we find one we like. We almost always stay in the same section because we like getting to know the crew. All you have to do is when you walk up to the hostess stand at the entrance to the restaurant say "I would like a table to 2 or 4 or 6 or whatever and in "waiter's name" section". They will honor that but may ask you to step aside for those who do not have special requests and they may tell you it may be a short wait are you ok with that. But they are always willing to accommodate.

The great thing about ATD is that it can work both ways.

You definitely can request to sit in the same area each night if you like the wait staff there. We always do that and the staff gets to know you and your needs just like if you were assigned to a table for early or late dinner.

On the other hand if you don't like the wait staff one night you can also change to another area!! It is easy!

We will only cruise now if we have ATD!!

Thank you all!!

There are two dining rooms, do we just pick one? Or is ATD assigned to one?

(We are on the Freedom)

No, one dining room is for ATD and one is for assigned time dining. I "think" the forward dining room is for ATD but I'm not positive. Don't quote me on that.

Absolutely. After we find a wait staff we like, we ask for them the rest of the cruise.

We usually go around 6:00 and ask for a table for two and have never had to wait. Once we waited until around 6:30 and had to wait; I think the later you go, the more likely you will have to wait. If you want to meet people, you can sit at a larger table.

Edited by Terre

I was surprised when the hostess asked us if we wanted the same server! We never would have thought to ask, but we loved Marjan and his staff. The last night we were the first seated at a table for eight, right by the window, and his assistant asked if we wanted a cheese plate while we waited for other diners. Every evening they were so accomodating and we loved ATD. Doing it again on Liberty in Nov.

Hey all I have another question. How do I know what days are the formal nights? Are they just listed in the fun times? I would like to know ahead of time because I would like to make a reservation in the Sun King Steakhouse.

Hey all I have another question. How do I know what days are the formal nights? Are they just listed in the fun times? I would like to know ahead of time because I would like to make a reservation in the Sun King Steakhouse.

It will be in your Fun Times. You will get it the night before. Under the dining options it will tell you, Cruise Elegant or Cruise Casual. Your Cruise Elegant nights are usually on sea days, but occasionally they fall on a port day, just check your Fun Times before you go to bed for the next night's dress suggestion. You may also check with Guest Services when you board and they can most likely tell you.

It will be in your Fun Times. You will get it the night before. Under the dining options it will tell you, Cruise Elegant or Cruise Casual. Your Cruise Elegant nights are usually on sea days, but occasionally they fall on a port day, just check your Fun Times before you go to bed for the next night's dress suggestion. You may also check with Guest Services when you board and they can most likely tell you.

Thanks a bunch!