Best time for Maho

davy jones

My ship does not arrive in St. Martin until 1:00 PM. I expect that it would take at least an hour to disembark and get to Maho. Will there be any landings worth watching after 2:30 PM?

Back in May we also arrived in St. Maarten at 1 pm, were off the ship by 1:15 pm and made it to Maho at 1:55 pm to see Air France just landing.

I've seen Air France land anywhere between 1:50 pm and 2:25 pm. Usually between noon and 3 pm is when most of the 747's land.

Here's a look at flight arrivals for today.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/flight-schedules

The KLM was due in at 11:15 today from Amsterdam but left 2 hours late and arrived around 12:50. I tracked its arrival and arrived at Maho beach around 12:25. There were plenty of folks there even though there are no ships in port today.

Edited by Karysa

My ship does not arrive in St. Martin until 1:00 PM. I expect that it would take at least an hour to disembark and get to Maho. Will there be any landings worth watching after 2:30 PM?

Something I was told by some guys who vacation there a lot. They said that the bigger planes land in the afternoon since they take off from Europe in the morning. So in following that theory you should be find to see some good landings.

Back in May we also arrived in St. Maarten at 1 pm, were off the ship by 1:15 pm and made it to Maho at 1:55 pm to see Air France just landing.

I've seen Air France land anywhere between 1:50 pm and 2:25 pm. Usually between noon and 3 pm is when most of the 747's land.

Here's a look at flight arrivals for today.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/flight-schedules

Thanks for the link.

Hey all! We will be there next Monday so can I assume much of today's schedule (Monday) will be the same next Monday?

If so, could you tell me from that link to the flights, are any of them the big planes from like 1:50-3pm? This is the time we will be there so I was just wondering if we would see the big planes or should we make sure we stay a little longer. I can't tell from the link the size of the planes.

Any advice? tia

Yes, you are correct that with today's schedule, it will be the same next Monday when you arrive.

The website is the same that I listed above, but this one is easier, just change the time to 12-3pm. You can also select departures and see the times the planes take off.

I see that Air France should be coming in @ 2 pm and American & US Airway @ 2:17pm. Have seen Air France come in a little earlier than 2 pm and also seen it come in after 2 pm.

American comes in @ 3:11pm and if you can stay till 3:30 pm quite a few take off after 3pm.

http://www.sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/81-news/82-coming-events

Plenty of taxis at Maho Beach/Sunset Bar & Grill to take you back to the ship.

Enjoy your day at Maho!

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Something I was told by some guys who vacation there a lot. They said that the bigger planes land in the afternoon since they take off from Europe in the morning. So in following that theory you should be find to see some good landings.

This is often true except for the arrival of my faviorite plane the KLM from Amsterdam. It's due to arrive at 11:07 today according to the awesome and helpful link posted above. :D

We will be in St. Maarten in January on the Equinox. I having been reading various posts in various places about watching the planes land at Maho Beach.

I am not quite getting it....people seem to just love it! I don't understand what I am missing....would someone please set me straight?

Thanks!

Barbara

We will be in St. Maarten in January on the Equinox. I having been reading various posts in various places about watching the planes land at Maho Beach.

I am not quite getting it....people seem to just love it! I don't understand what I am missing....would someone please set me straight?

Thanks!

Barbara

Planes coming in at an extremely low attitude right over your head. Planes departing create incredible jet thrust which causes sand, clothing and people to fly through the air. It's the only airport in the world that has these unique features. There are plenty of videos on You Tube for Maho Beach.

I tried the links from above but can't get it to change the date. We will be there sept 10 (Wednesday) from 10-4, any BIG planes landing in the middle of the day?

Try this site: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Home/home.do

In the right hand corner you will see 'Flight Status'. Click on the By Airport tab, enter SXM in the Airport field and you can change the date there. It only shows one day past, current day, and three days forward.

Here is the Big Plane schedule for Wednesdays. The astericks are departures, the others are arrivals

Newark UA 1629 United Airlines 12:00 PM

Newark UA 1631 United Airlines 1:00 PM *

New York DL 461 Delta Air Lines 1:09 PM

New York B6 787 JetBlue Airways 1:15 PM

Charlotte US 865 US Airways 1:26 PM

Paris AF 498 Air France 1:50 PM

New York B6 788 JetBlue Airways 2:15 PM *

Miami AA 2219 American Airlines 2:20 PM

Charlotte US 866 US Airways 2:30 PM *

New York DL 328 Delta Air Lines 2:35 PM *

Charlotte US 867 US Airways 3:22 PM

Miami AA 2219 American Airlines 3:30 PM *

Paris AF 499 Air France 4:00 PM *

Charlotte US 868 US Airways 4:20 PM *

Yes, you are correct that with today's schedule, it will be the same next Monday when you arrive.

The website is the same that I listed above, but this one is easier, just change the time to 12-3pm. You can also select departures and see the times the planes take off.

I see that Air France should be coming in @ 2 pm and American & US Airway @ 2:17pm. Have seen Air France come in a little earlier than 2 pm and also seen it come in after 2 pm.

American comes in @ 3:11pm and if you can stay till 3:30 pm quite a few take off after 3pm.

http://www.sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/81-news/82-coming-events

Plenty of taxis at Maho Beach/Sunset Bar & Grill to take you back to the ship.

Enjoy your day at Maho!

I tried the links from above but can't get it to change the date. We will be there sept 10 (Wednesday) from 10-4, any BIG planes landing in the middle of the day?

The link I indicated is only for 24 hours. Since your going to be there on a Wednesday, today is the day to check the link, change the time frame ex: (12-3 pm) on the link and see the planes that will land and take off when you are there.

The link the above poster indicated is also correct and you would have to indicated SXM for the airport.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Thank you for the information. I will be printing it out and taking it with us.

In the right hand corner you will see 'Flight Status'. Click on the By Airport tab, enter SXM in the Airport field and you can change the date there. It only shows one day past, current day, and three days forward.

Here is the Big Plane schedule for Wednesdays. The astericks are departures, the others are arrivals

Since September is low season in St. Maarten I would suggest that you look at the website the week week before and see which flights are due in on Wednesday, Sept 3rd and base the timing of your visit to Maho beach on Wednesday, September 10th around that. :)

Since September is low season in St. Maarten I would suggest that you look at the website the week week before and see which flights are due in on Wednesday, Sept 3rd and base the timing of your visit to Maho beach on Wednesday, September 10th around that. :)

good thing you told me. I need to know more than a week in advance due ti hiring a taxi for the day and trying to figure out our schedule and get the most out of our day. I went to each airline website like I was booking a flight and it appears AA 2219 is the only flight arriving that day at 1:09. And AA 2223 departing at 2:14. I used miami as the destination as it seems that is the stop you make if flying from other cities. If anyone finds other information, I'd love to know. (There were later flights but I need one between 10 and 2)

good thing you told me. I need to know more than a week in advance due ti hiring a taxi for the day and trying to figure out our schedule and get the most out of our day. I went to each airline website like I was booking a flight and it appears AA 2219 is the only flight arriving that day at 1:09. And AA 2223 departing at 2:14. I used miami as the destination as it seems that is the stop you make if flying from other cities. If anyone finds other information, I'd love to know. (There were later flights but I need one between 10 and 2)

Planes fly direct from New York, Paris, Toronto and Amsterdam to name just a few.

The flights from the US are not jumbo jets. They are of the 737, A319 type of jet. The most exciting landings and departures are the jumbo jets from Europe. I believe that Air France flies an A340 to St. Martin and KLM flies a 747.

Those are Definitely fewer and farther in between. The KLM was due in Sun, Tues and Fri at 11:15 from Amsterdam this past July. The big planes from the US are still cool and definitely worth seeing.

Looks like we will have to settle for the american airlines. Its the only one flying in on Wednesday when we are there between 12 and 1. The other flights are propeller planes. A 738 plane coming in that close will still be impressive. Just have to make sure we dont miss it. Hopefully it wont be early. Going to mullet bay before we go to maho to watch that plane land.

Edited by Supercrossfox21