Would you upgrade?

SinCity2003

DH, DS (9) and myself are sailing on the Breeze on 8/24. Got a call today, offering us a (paid) upgrade.

We are currently in an aft extended balcony on deck 7.

First offer was the grand suite, deck 7, for $690 more.

Second offer is ocean suite, deck 7, for $450 more.

We would not be using FTTF if we chose one of these options, so $150 saved.

Is it worth it? Would you do it?

What else do we get as a suite guest, other than priority boarding?

This is our first Carnival cruise, if that matters.

Thanks in advance :)

You only buy one FTTF per room--so you would only be saving $49.95. I wouldnt upgrade for those costs--thats alot.

I love the aft extended balconies myself--so I would stay put.. and if you already bought 3 FTTFs, because you thought you needed one for each person--cancel 2 of them and you save $100 already :):)

We have our 7th Carnival cruise planned for April 19 2015 out of NOLA. On our first cruise we had booked a balcony. Two weeks before we cruised we got the same upgrade call to an ocean suite and we did it. Only one cruise since then has not been an ocean suite. We really enjoy it because not only do you get priority boarding but more space as well. I told one of the check in people at Carnival one time that we were hooked. She smiled and said we know what we are doing don't we? My reply was absolutely! It does cost more but to us it is worth it.

DH, DS (9) and myself are sailing on the Breeze on 8/24. Got a call today, offering us a (paid) upgrade.

We are currently in an aft extended balcony on deck 7.

First offer was the grand suite, deck 7, for $690 more.

Second offer is ocean suite, deck 7, for $450 more.

We would not be using FTTF if we chose one of these options, so $150 saved.

Is it worth it? Would you do it?

What else do we get as a suite guest, other than priority boarding?

This is our first Carnival cruise, if that matters.

Thanks in advance :)

I would stay put! $450 or $690 is what you could use to enjoy more DOD's. I think if you are looking for the Priority Boarding feature $50 is a Far Cry from the Upsale amount. Which ever you choose.... Have a Ball!:D

Thanks, everyone. We had not purchased FTTF yet, was holding off for that. My DH decided we were upgrading. It's his 40th birthday, our 11th anniversary and our son's 10 birthday, so he said we're upgrading. I said okay :)

One thing I always tell people when they ask this very same question is "can you afford it?' and "is it worth it to you?" and if you can answer yes to both of those then I would say go for it!

I personally would love to sail in a suite one day just to experience it, but the price truly would have to be just right. I think for all the celebrating you are doing it sounds like you guys made the right choice!

It really depends what you initially paid for your existing cabin. Check and see what the Ocean Suites are going for and see what the difference is between that and what you're existing cabin is. If it's more than $450 for the Ocean Suite then it would be a good deal.. That said.. Personally, I would go for it

You DO get the perks of early boarding, tendering etc.. Plus, you will have a wonderful separate dressing vanity which will be nice, plus a large bathroom with 2 sinks. It will be more like a hotel room. You will not be disappointed.

I said in above post that you do get priority tendering with Ocean suite... I may be wrong about that. but you do get priority boarding and debarkation with suite:

here is what it says on Carnival site about Suites:

Go big… and you’re home. A deluxe Suite on a Carnival ship means most of the comforts of home, with absolutely none of the hassles. In your spacious suite you’ll enjoy the pinnacle of private, luxurious relaxation at sea… it’s truly the ultimate way to cruise. Get comfy — stretch out, put your feet up, or just spend time on your balcony thinking about just how sweet it is. You’ll also embark and debark the ship without a wait, because your suite affords you VIP status Good choice!

If you have 3 people in the room, the ocean suite will be worth it. Just did that on the Breeze In January and it was nice to have the bigger room and extra closet space. We still bought FTTF which many say is not needed but we were splitting it 3 ways so we did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums