UK jet 2 luggage transfer to ship

louiseemma1000

Hi. We are flying to rome with jet 2 on 4th august. It was booked as a package with celebrity through the TA. Do we take our own cases to he ship or will our luggage be taken straight fron the plane to the cruise ship?

Not long to go now :):)

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Not 100% certain as we have not gone straight from the airport to the ship but I think it unlikely that you would not have to identify and reclaim your luggage before it is loaded onto your transfer to the ship. However, as your flight is within the EU [and, therefore, not required to pass through Customs], I may be wrong and, if so, someone will correct me.

Normally you would collect your luggage from the carousel and once you leave the arrivals area a Celebrity rep would be waiting to direct you and your luggage to the transportation to the port. This is what has happened anytime we have taken a transfer to the ship from the airport. The rep normally has a list of the people booked for the transfer.

We have been on several Celebrity fly cruises.

Normally you collect your luggage from the carousel, and there will be a member of the Celebrity staff team holding a huge X standing almost on top of the carousel. They will direct you to a holding bay where all the luggage is being collected of large trollies. If you have to walk more than about 50yards there will be another staff member holding an X. It just couldn't be easier. Just follow the X 's.

It's just like a treasure hunt with a cruise as the prize.

Have a lovely holiday

Thanks so much, thats a great wah to think of it :) seeing as youve been on celebrity before, can u remember whether the ship changes their time in each country or will it remain at the departinv port time (rome)? we will be visiting turkey, italy & greece. Weve booked private excursions & are worrying about the time now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

As previously said, you'll collect your bags from the carousel and hand them to a Celebrity rep with a luggage trolley nearby. With regard to time, the ship will change ship time at around 2am to match up with the time in the next port