Saving Money when NOT ES fare

pjhootch

I just called Carnival and had a wonderful CS rep save me $400 on our cruise in a few months. I did not book ES. I booked under the Summer Sale Fare back in June, with $50 deposit. We are not past final payment date yet, obviously.

I did a mock booking this morning and it looked like my 8E balcony cabin was $300 cheaper in the past guest sale going on right now.

It never hurts to call and ask, so I did. I was able to transfer my booking to the past guest sale- keep my cabin, and lower my rate by $300.

I had an inside cabin booked for my daughters way down on the Riviera Deck. We moved them up 10 decks to the Panorama (still inside cabin) and lowered their rate by $100.

So we moved our girls up near us and saved a bunch of money. Yeah Vacation.

Take a look at your bookings and reservation.

Many folks here have discovered that their bookings have been cancelled because they failed to understand that they are now supposed to pay the deposit in full within 24 hours.

Basically, when you originally booked, the terms and conditions only required a $50 pp deposit.

You have now changed your booking to a Past Guest booking which changes the Terms and Conditions of the booking

Many folks here have discovered that their bookings have been cancelled because they failed to understand that they are now supposed to pay the deposit in full within 24 hours.

Basically, when you originally booked, the terms and conditions only required a $50 pp deposit.

You have now changed your booking to a Past Guest booking which changes the Terms and Conditions of the booking

I've read here that this happens. Someone will say they were not told this, and likely you were not. Check about this.

The T&C for the Past Guest sale include a $50pp deposit, so the OP is probably ok. It wouldn't hurt to check anyway though.

I've already checked folks. The Past Guest sale requires a $50 deposit, and my original $50 deposit (non-refundable) was applied to the new booking. I have the new confirmations- received them by email while I was still on the phone, in fact. My final payment date is the same date as it was before.

I know some people have been told that since the Summer Sale $50 deposit is non-refundable, they cannot change their booking without losing their deposit money. Honestly, I would still have saved $200 so it would have been worth it.

However, I was trying to let people know who may have bookings under the Summer Sale Rate. You can transfer your booking and not lose your deposit with the current past guest rate. It may not be a deal for everyone, but it saved me a lot of money.

I've already checked folks. The Past Guest sale requires a $50 deposit, and my original $50 deposit (non-refundable) was applied to the new booking. I have the new confirmations- received them by email while I was still on the phone, in fact. My final payment date is the same date as it was before.

I know some people have been told that since the Summer Sale $50 deposit is non-refundable, they cannot change their booking without losing their deposit money. Honestly, I would still have saved $200 so it would have been worth it.

However, I was trying to let people know who may have bookings under the Summer Sale Rate. You can transfer your booking and not lose your deposit with the current past guest rate. It may not be a deal for everyone, but it saved me a lot of money.

Thanks for the head's up, pjhootch. I can honestly say that this is the best past guest sale I can remember Carnival having. Usually past guest rates aren't very good. I got a price drop on my September cruise yesterday matching to the new past guest rate. I'm already past final payment so I got an onboard credit.

Let's hope this is a new thing that Carnival will continue.