Conflicting reveiws of Carambola Beach Club?

39august

The reviews on Trip Advisor say this is not a pleasant place, for instance, dirty beach, dirty water, long wait to set up loungers and umbrellas, surly workers, no drink service, etc. Most of the comments I have read on this board are the absolute opposite of these remarks. I have read the long thead about Carambola that was first posted in 2013. Can anyone who has been to Carambola in the past few months comment please?

The reviews on Trip Advisor say this is not a pleasant place, for instance, dirty beach, dirty water, long wait to set up loungers and umbrellas, surly workers, no drink service, etc. Most of the comments I have read on this board are the absolute opposite of these remarks. I have read the long thead about Carambola that was first posted in 2013. Can anyone who has been to Carambola in the past few months comment please?

I was there not long ago. Workers not surly. Didn't specifically go there to drink, but the waiter at lunch went so far as to fill my water bottle (tap, not Perrier, but hey). Don't know what is meant by "dirty water", as it's the Caribbean Sea. Maybe they mean there's fish in it.

The only thing I can say against Carambola is it's going to cost you, but they do provide a decent ambience to go along with it.

We were at Carambola in March and loved it and was looking forward to going back. I emailed them prior to our arrival for 2 loungers and an umbrella. We arrived and received the loungers and an umbrella, cost was $10 each, total $30. Those that emailed them had reserved signs on the loungers. Those that came to the beach later were out of luck as loungers and umbrellas were no longer available.

Found the beach and water to be absolutely clean also loved that you did not need water shoes like you do on the other beaches in St. Kitts. We also had lunch and drinks at their restaurant. Food, drinks, service and their facilities was very good and we had no complaints at this upscale place.

We did walk down the beach to the other end and pass a few tiki huts and most of them were closed at that time. We did come upon the Shipwreck Bar and Grill at the end. Found the beach there to be much smaller and narrower, rocky and the sand was black and hot. Beach was very crowded and suggest to go early if interested. Checked food prices at Shipwreck and they appeared to be less $ for food. They had thatched umbrellas and much older loungers for less $. This would be the place if your on a tight budget. Spoke to some fellow cruisers at Shipwreck and they enjoyed their food and drinks there.

There are plenty of taxi drivers in the lobby at Carambola to take you back to the ship.

Just read recent reviews on Tripadvisor and noticed some of them were not good, just like you indicated. I do agree that the loungers were set very close to one another, it didn't bother us at all. I know if there's more than 1 ship in port, it will get crowded and people start complaining. Many of the other reviews on page 2, 3, etc. in TA were very good. Wondering if there has been some kind of a change in Mgt.

We'll be back to St. Kitts January 2015 and was looking forward to going back to Carambola. By then, I'll read current reviews on TA reviews before we leave to see if things have changed. There may have been multiple ships in port for some the bad reviews and some people will always complain as this beach is becoming very popular and was filled with cruisers. You can tell by their beach towels they were all from cruise ships. I do feel there is no excuse for garbage left on the beach or in the water as that was not the case when we were there.

This is the email address I used many months ago

( dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com ). It did take them close to a week to respond back to me.

I also found 2 other emails on the Carambola Beach Club website.

www dot carambolabeachclub dot com/contact/

and Email: info@carambolabeachclub.com

I was very surprise to read the few negative reviews. Please come back after your cruise and let us know how it went.

Have a great time!

The e mail for dsharpe is the correct one for reservations. I was there last Dec. and just made reservations for a return visit this December. Do not let a few negative reviews dissuade you. The beach is beautiful. Perhaps the negative posters were there after a storm leading to excess seaweed etc.