Divina Children's Program

flhokie

We will be sailing on Divina with DD who will be 3 (she is potty trained). I've read 1 review that talks about the children's programs, but not much other information. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the children's programs? Are there any suggestions/insights anyone can offer? Also, is there a minimum age or height for the water slide?

I already asked on the Family Board, but got no responses.

We will be sailing on Divina with DD who will be 3 (she is potty trained). I've read 1 review that talks about the children's programs, but not much other information. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the children's programs? Are there any suggestions/insights anyone can offer? Also, is there a minimum age or height for the water slide?

When are you sailing flhokie? We'll be onboard Divina August 23rd and will have our 3 and a half year old nephew with us. Our cousins will be looking to get him into the kids programs as well, so I can report back with the information, unless of course you are sailing before us.

They have same activities as any other cruise line but hours of operation much longer . Best part for me that they pick up kids from DR at 7 pm . you have time to feed your kid and enjoy your long dinner after ) water slid is very big my 6 years old did not wont to go. sure not for 3 years old

They have same activities as any other cruise line but hours of operation much longer . Best part for me that they pick up kids from DR at 7 pm . you have time to feed your kid and enjoy your long dinner after ) water slid is very big my 6 years old did not wont to go. sure not for 3 years old

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they have a height/age limit for the slide? DD is a thill seeker...rides every roller coaster & water slide she can and swims regularly. She may not want to do it in the end, but if there is a limit that she doesn't meet I want to be prepared to avoid it.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they have a height/age limit for the slide? DD is a thill seeker...rides every roller coaster & water slide she can and swims regularly. She may not want to do it in the end, but if there is a limit that she doesn't meet I want to be prepared to avoid it.

Yes ,they have limit I think it's height :confused: .

This is from December:

PC171524.JPG

... seems to be the only photo I have. This the entry, and the room is about 15x20 I would guess. TV, toys, some crafts... the usual stuff. The mushroom behind through the second glass wall is the outside play area.

And here is the whole trip report, most of which is not relevant to the question but you might find some useful tidbits: http://stegbauertwins.com/Divina/MSC%20Divina%20December%202013.htm

I don't recall about the water slide for certain, but I would assume there is something like a 42" height requirement. Worse case, it will be a nice surprise if she gets to go.

I don't recall any huge differences in the kids camp between Divina and the Carnival ships. The room is a bit small, but unless you are cruising over TG week I wouldn't expect the camp to be overloaded.

Do you have experience with other shipboard kids camps?

Thanks so much Mikesteg! It looks like they were having a lot of fun! DD's 1st cruise was at 2 so the only experience we have is the RCCL Nursery (was great). We've seen kids participating in the regular kids programs & the seem to have a great time so we are excited for her to give it a try.