Comparison points for live threads/review between NCL and RCI

Daghis

In about two months' time, I'll be boarding Norwegian Getaway. After we return from that cruise, I'll then be boarding Allure of the Seas for a second cruise. I'm very interested in seeing the two cruise lines in a back-to-back comparison.

My experience up to now is that I'm basically "Loyal to Royal", but I'm very excited to see what NCL offers. I'm thrilled to have this opportunity to sail on an NCL ship, especially their latest and greatest.

As I've done in the past, I'm hoping to have live threads for each of the two cruises. I'm also hoping that I can do them slightly differently this time in that I want to be able to comment on the similarities and differences between the two cruise lines and the two ships. I've read similar comparisons in other threads and found them to be very useful and enlightening, and I'd like to be able to contribute in the same way by sharing my opinions.

I'd like suggestions for topics that I can use to help guide areas for the comparisons. For example, some that I can think of off the top of my head would be:

• Embarkation
  • Disembarkation
  • Cabin
  • Guest Services
  • Dining
    • Main dining
    • Buffet
    • Specialty
      • Italian
      • Steakhouse
      • Brazilian Churrascaria

[*]Room service

[*]Entertainment

• Broadway show
    • Dancing/Performance show
    • Comedy

[*]...

You get the idea.

So, I'm looking for suggestions of topics. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to take about fifteen of them and be able to assign point-values to them to come up with scores for each category and the cruise experience overall.

And since I want the live threads to be interactive as well, I'm hoping that I can get your involvement in the creation of this list. By posting this into both the NCL and RCI forums, I want to be able to get input from each lines' fans who can help make sure that I don't miss covering something that is special or unique.

Thank you all for helping me out with this!

Ease of navigating/finding your way around.

Ooh, that's a good one. Besides the general layout of the ships, I can also consider additional things like direction signs and digital way finders.

Edited by Daghis

Bars and Bar Service, Beverage Plans, Visibility/Approachability of the Officers, Daytime Announcements/Ads, Variety and Quality of daytime activities

I apologize if these are duplicates. Tapatalk has screwed up the formats in your original post and I.m not sure that I see the whole post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Oh, and thanks for doing this on your vacation! We are neighbors - South Park here. Up late watching the Bucs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I've been on the Allure - prepare to be amazed! I am doing the Getaway Aug. 30th so while I won't be doing them b2b like you re, it will be interesting to see what you think and what I think. For the last 3 cruises, we have done RCI and have been really impressed...but RCI is pricey so we have decided to try NCL. Even NCL's newest ships are cheaper than some of RCI's older ships :eek:

One of the main things I will be looking to compare is food/entertainment, as the ports of call these ships have are about the same. And I can tell you probably straightaway that the Allure will have the best embarkation/debarkation. I have never seen a terminal like the one for the Allure and simply cannot imagine better...guess we shall see :)

Subscribed!

Oh, and thanks for doing this on your vacation! We are neighbors - South Park here. Up late watching the Bucs.

Hi, neighbor!

I've been on the Allure - prepare to be amazed!

I've been on Oasis once and Allure twice, so I know that I'll have a great time on that ship. I'm especially looking forward to trying Getaway, and I'm glad I'm sailing on her first.

One of the main things I will be looking to compare is food/entertainment, as the ports of call these ships have are about the same. And I can tell you probably straightaway that the Allure will have the best embarkation/debarkation. I have never seen a terminal like the one for the Allure and simply cannot imagine better...guess we shall see :)

The hardest part about comparing many of these items is that it's subjective, and that's especially true with food and entertainment. That said, I think that it'll be okay.

And you're right about terminal 18. They've really streamlined the embarkation and disembarkation process there.

Subscribed!

Thanks! :D